2005 taco SAW/AllPro-height/weight settings - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Suspension
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
kala

Default 2005 taco SAW/AllPro-height/weight settings

I installed an AP front bumper on my 05 with SAW 2.5s and 305/70R16 Swampers. The tires were only put on the other day and rub on full lock. I was previously running 265/75s and had no clearance issues. Im also running no sway bar. I just bought a 10k winch and want to install it.
With the smaller tires I didnt have a need to go higher on the c/o. Its still at stock settings, except the nitrogen is only filled to 120psi in the front. Im thinking of adjusting it an 1-1.5"s higher to help clear the tires. Am I going to run into any problems with the SAWs? Is the winch/bumper too much weight to be running on SAWs adjusted that high? Anyone use this set up in the desert/dunes?

If I need to, i'll go back to 265/75s and keep the ride height lower. I understand this set up may be a lil harsh on stock susp components, but fck it, I cant afford LT right now.
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
johnecon2001
Tiny red truck

What height were you running previously? Do you have aftermarket UCA's?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
kala

Stock uca's and didnt adjust it. it was a good height installed. now i need to make it higher. I didnt plan for extra weight.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
johnecon2001
Tiny red truck

Just be careful how high you go. The max you can go with stock UCA's is 2.5". Taller than that, and you won't be able to get a proper alignment out of them.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
kala

Yeah, that's what I was going for, maybe slightly lower, but just around that height. I'll get to adjusting it tonight and i'll take it out tomorrow. I just didnt wanna be busting my saws!