Transitioning from 3in body lift to a 1 in - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > New Members Area > Newbie Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
tacoma818
Veteran Member

Default Transitioning from 3in body lift to a 1 in

As the title says I am tired of the body lift that came on the truck, I have read through several forums about completely removing the lift back to stock but my question is would there be any thing as far as steering spacers and things of that nature that would go on with the 1 inch or does the steering stay the same as the stock position on a 1 in. I hate the huge gap in between the bed and fram rails and also hate how the bed shakes more than it should when I go over an bumps while driving
saw 2.0
Bili 5125
OME Dakars
Open 4.88s
Mickey Thompson classic II 16x8 285/75/16 Nitto all-terrains
tacoma818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
Tacoma Jake
Veteran Member

My Rig: '01 TACO

Yes, there are a few things you dont need to do with a 1" bodylift. Take a look at 4Crawlers Instructions as well as Performance Accessories Instructions to get an idea of what needs to be done with different size lifts. Your bed shouldnt really be shaking any more with a bodylift, and that gap can be covered with gap gaurds...
97 ext cab (Totaled)
-Oregon TTORA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly_Young01 View Post
yall 2 need to meet up and face fuck one another till one or the other dies
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaholic View Post
ur a fuckin idiot so shut the fuck up.
Tacoma Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
tacoma818
Veteran Member

Hmm you dont think with the extra height and no weight in the bed would make it shake more not being a smartass ha thats a legit question. What would be some things to look for that would cause it all the bolts are tight i wonder if it was installed incorrectly one of the pucks looks like it was melted or cut or something before installing.
saw 2.0
Bili 5125
OME Dakars
Open 4.88s
Mickey Thompson classic II 16x8 285/75/16 Nitto all-terrains
tacoma818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
ike
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1999 tacoma

Check the bed mounts themselves. The bed will shake a bit on these trucks due to the weaker rear frame section.

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Tacoma Jake
Veteran Member

My Rig: '01 TACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma818 View Post
Hmm you dont think with the extra height and no weight in the bed would make it shake more not being a smartass ha thats a legit question. What would be some things to look for that would cause it all the bolts are tight i wonder if it was installed incorrectly one of the pucks looks like it was melted or cut or something before installing.
I guess if you think of the frame as a fulcrum, then yes the bed does move more, but only because its taller, so it travels a greater distance (side to side for example) at its peak.

If you think of the frame and bed as one entity, the bed wont "shake" any more or less with a bodylift.

There are a lot of things that can cause a bed to shake. If the bed bolts were loose that would certainly cause it to shake, although you would probably be getting some noise with that. An unbalanced tire, wheel, driveshaft, bad axle, or suspension, etc...

A little bed shaking independently from the cab is normal. The frames are made to flex and move slightly.
97 ext cab (Totaled)
-Oregon TTORA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly_Young01 View Post
yall 2 need to meet up and face fuck one another till one or the other dies
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaholic View Post
ur a fuckin idiot so shut the fuck up.

Last edited by Tacoma Jake; 05-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Tacoma Jake is offline   Reply With Quote