Bitter Springs .5 Day Run (Sun. May 13) - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Nevada > Upcoming Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
modsquad

My Rig: 2010 Taco 4x4
Default Bitter Springs .5 Day Run (Sun. May 13)

The entrance to the 28 mile Bitter Springs trail is located off the I-15 just south of Moapa. The trail connects to the southeast to Northshore Road which will lead you back to town.

http://www.desertusa.com/mag00/jul/s.../bsprings.html

I've run this several times, its an incredibly beautiful area and the trail has many fun obstacles and optionals, while remaining 2wd w/locker friendly (barely, dont let the "backcounty byway" title fool you, this isn't for mom's minivan). It is about to be "closed down" by the BLM. The main trail will remain open, but they're going to close down many of the optional side trails. Last time I was out there they had areas flagged for closed route signs, but the signs weren't installed yet. I'd like to get out there once before it gets restricted.

This is a joint planning with TacomaWorld and SCWFJs.

Plan so far is to meet up at the Petro Station on the Speedway Blvd exit on I15 by 10:30am Sunday May 13th. One tank of gas will suffice. Full spare, decent tires and CB required.

CB 38

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Ludedude

Send a message via ICQ to Ludedude Send a message via AIM to Ludedude Send a message via MSN to Ludedude Send a message via Yahoo to Ludedude Send a message via Skype™ to Ludedude

WTF closed down?? I've been out there half a dozen times in the last few years and wonder where they're talking about restricting access.

What a load of bullshit. This insanity has to stop.

Just one of the many trips http://www.lasvegashikes.com/gallery...s.php?album=10

www.exoticsracing.com -- THE ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Glory
NVTTORA Pres. 社長

I'm in.
07' DC 4x4 TRD Tacoma - Locked F&R w/4.88 - TC UCA's - IconET2.5 CO's 14"/700lb - AllPro Expo Leafs - King 2.5 12" IBP - Light Racing Jounce Stops F&R - 295/70-17 Toyo M/T - AllPro F Bumper, Slidders & IFS Skid - Warn M8000 w/3/8" Technora - Piaa 510 Fogs - Hella 4000FF w/55w HID - Icom 208H/SG7500A - Midland 1001Z/Little Wil - PAP112/SA315P - 2 EGHST1P - ARB CKMTA12 & 1gal tank - Blue Sea fuse blocks cab/eng bay - DH G31 & G34 PM-1 Platinum - OTRATTW switches - 20lb Co2.
Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
modsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
WTF closed down?? I've been out there half a dozen times in the last few years and wonder where they're talking about restricting access.
The main route will still be open, which is still a good time. All the side trails pretty much have to meet up at the main route due to the geology. But there are a couple side routes that I've explored, and I can see why they want to close them down, (not much traffic, doesnt go anywhere, crossing good habitat, but FUN!). I know, it sucks. I'm just hoping the signs aren't in the ground yet. I was out there in early April and encountered a crew from BLM that were out there flagging routes. They didn't know when the route was being isolated, but it'll be soon.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
crc
Veteran Member

If i get one of my trucks running, I'll be down!
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Glory
NVTTORA Pres. 社長

Is this run still a go?
07' DC 4x4 TRD Tacoma - Locked F&R w/4.88 - TC UCA's - IconET2.5 CO's 14"/700lb - AllPro Expo Leafs - King 2.5 12" IBP - Light Racing Jounce Stops F&R - 295/70-17 Toyo M/T - AllPro F Bumper, Slidders & IFS Skid - Warn M8000 w/3/8" Technora - Piaa 510 Fogs - Hella 4000FF w/55w HID - Icom 208H/SG7500A - Midland 1001Z/Little Wil - PAP112/SA315P - 2 EGHST1P - ARB CKMTA12 & 1gal tank - Blue Sea fuse blocks cab/eng bay - DH G31 & G34 PM-1 Platinum - OTRATTW switches - 20lb Co2.
Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
modsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Is this run still a go?
Sunday run is a go, Bitter Springs is a No-Go. Swayed by popular demand I think we're going to try running Alamo / Corn Creek Rd in the Desert National Wildlife Refuge. It's been closed about midway through for a while due to a washout, but I heard a rumor at work that its open again, but I cant find any info online to confirm.

It looks like we've got a few trucks from TW coming thus far. I think Derek is one of them. The plan is to up at the Farm Road gas station at 9:00-9:30am Sunday, (Exit Durango off the 95 North, turn right onto Durango, immediately turn right onto Farm Road, gas station is on your right at intersection of Farm Rd and Tule Springs Rd.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Ludedude

Send a message via ICQ to Ludedude Send a message via AIM to Ludedude Send a message via MSN to Ludedude Send a message via Yahoo to Ludedude Send a message via Skype™ to Ludedude

That road's been closed there for 10 years. Wonder if they finally took that billboard sized sign down...

Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
DWreck

My Rig: 2010 Tacoma

Quote:
That road's been closed there for 10 years. Wonder if they finally took that billboard sized sign down...

It was actually updated and read differently when I went through. We can at least get to dead horse rd. It's a nice leisurely drive with good scenery in the pocket.
DWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
Ludedude

That's the sign at the north end coming down from Pahranagat wildlife area.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
DWreck

Quote:
That's the sign at the north end coming down from Pahranagat wildlife area.
Aha!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Ludedude

Sooooo what happened? Is the road "officially" open across the dry lake?

Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
DWreck

Quote:
Sooooo what happened? Is the road "officially" open across the dry lake?
According to the ranger at the Corn Creek Field Station, it is closed at Cabin Springs. We however turned off at Dead Horse Rd and went 9.3 miles back into it. We hung out for a bit, had some snacks and came back out.

About 70 miles of dirt from 95. (That sounds high but I'm pretty sure it's not)