Slade, Ky - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Land Use > Land Use Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
gregers05
EL PRESIDENTE

Send a message via AIM to gregers05
Default Slade, Ky

Unfortunately, we cant seem to go more than a month without hearing that another OHV system is being shut down.

This time it is the Sand Lick Fork area in Daniel Boone National Forest. Locally referred to as Slade.

This is another national forest system that is being proposed to be shut down.

Click on the Sand Lick Fork Watershed Project Description under the "Scoping" header on the link below.

the first two pages give a description of what the area is like, and pages 3 and 4 talk about OHV use.

The proposed actions for OHV use are outlined on pages 10, 11, and 12.

Page 12 also tells you how to comment to voice your opinions.

I have not had a chance to explore this area yet, but i hopefully will before it gets shut down.

http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_proje...?project=18901

'99 Taco. 3.4L v6 5spd. 4x4

SAW 2.0
Deaver 3 leaf add pack w/Bilstein 5125s
4.88s and ARBs front and rear
33x12.50R15" Hankook Dynapro M/T
MIOR sliders
all-pro bumper and skids
Marlin Crawler rear bumper
Smittybuilt 10k Winch with in cab controls

My Pics
gregers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
akwheelin

No!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
mossytaco

Yeah unfortunatly it is gonna turn into another Livingston and honestly be might be fighting to save it but I dont think we are gonna sway their decision.

http://www.kyttora.com/forum/
mossytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
sk8rjess
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to sk8rjess

it's def worth fighting for and trying though.
i personally think it's the best place in ky to wheel, and i think anyone who's been as well would agree.
sk8rjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
mossytaco

Call to action!

Wednesday Dec. 12 at 7PM
Powell County Courthouse
525 Washington Street
Stanton, KY 40380

The Powell County, KY Fiscal Fiscal Court will have the issues of Sand Lick on its agenda. The issue at hand is the plans of the United States Forest Service for next spring, which is to deny recreational access to multiple uses and inexplicably flood the Sand Lick area.

Project Webpage

http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_ ... ject=18901

To impact the situation, you must show up in person! Carpool!

Please the spread the word online and at home, bring friends, and family to show your support for keeping public lands open to the public in the Sand Lick area and all public lands. This is an important step in the fight and a necessary one so please make the trip to Powell County and help the cause!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
Trod89

Default Slade,KY

Call to action!

Wednesday Dec. 12 at 7PM
Powell County Courthouse
525 Washington Street
Stanton, KY 40380

The Powell County, KY Fiscal Fiscal Court will have the issues of Sand Lick on its agenda. The issue at hand is the plans of the United States Forest Service for next spring, which is to deny recreational access to multiple uses and inexplicably flood the Sand Lick area.

Project Webpage

Please the spread the word online and at home, bring friends, and family to show your support for keeping public lands open to the public in the Sand Lick area and all public lands. This is an important step in the fight and a necessary one so please make the trip to Powell County and help the cause!
Trod89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
mossytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trod89 View Post
Call to action!

Wednesday Dec. 12 at 7PM
Powell County Courthouse
525 Washington Street
Stanton, KY 40380

Project Webpage

Date is wrong!!!!!!!Heres the new link.
Call to action!

Tuesday Dec. 11th at 7PM
Powell County Courthouse
525 Washington Street
Stanton, KY 40380

Project Webpage

Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
mossytaco

Previous date is wrong. Heres the correct link.
Call to action!

Tuesday Dec. 11th at 7PM
Powell County Courthouse
525 Washington Street
Stanton, KY 40380

Project Webpage

Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
ShowStop
Member Dismemberer

My Rig: 95.5 Tacoma
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop

Threads merged.
ShowStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
warbird

My Rig: pending

I was never a big fan of "Slade". It's such a hodgepodge of private and "public" land. The access changes every time you go and there are no reliable maps. I know my way around just well enough to get "lost" about half the time. Don't get me wrong the terrain is fabulous! I just prefer to be able to concentrate on the technical apects of the trail rather than "where the H am I?", "what did that sign in the mud say?". There's enough adventure on the trail without having to worry about getting shot, arrested or both.

That being said I think its ludicris to try and "reclaim" that area. Pipeline is not and never will be natural landscape feature. No entity is ever going to bear the expense of removing all the abandoned industrial junk (not to mention all the other garbage thats been added to it over the years). I do at least one of the cleanup rides with the Zoe VFD every year and the general disrespect for the land never ceases to amaze me. You can't blame it all on "outsiders". Its been a common practice for generations of "locals" (in many places not just here) to use the backwoods as a personal dump. The Sand Lick Watershed could be a "poster child" for the few bad apples effect. Its sad but I believe it's only a matter of time before most if not all gov't lands will be closed to our sport (at least for "full size" 4x4s). As that happens hopefully the private sector will have some financial incentive to "preserve the land" the way it is (vs. the gov't playing god with our tax dollars).

I need a bigger back yard...
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Tamjid Wafaa

I have only been to this blog a couple time by keep finding myself coming back.It is very content rich. I will be back soon. Good job! Keep it up! Thanks!...
Tamjid Wafaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
mossytaco

Slade Update. This is Legit.

So the main road that goes through Sand Lick and also up to Big Bend Ridge is county road 1057 Sand Lick Road (The Narrows Road AKA). The USFS illegally closed and damaged this road in 2006 without the county consent. The county judge executive sent the county road crew in last Tuesday to reopen the road, which they did. On Friday, the USFS illegally retrenched the road and also posted a ranger to guard the county road. This morning, the ranger threatened to arrest the county road workers who showed up to reopen their road along with the judge if he showed his presence.

The judge has proof the road is county road 1057 Sand Lick Road and also that the documentation the USFS used to close and damage it was filled with errors, including stating the road was not a county road.

On Wednesday April 3rd at 9AM, the judge is leading his county road crew to reopen it once and for all.

WE NEED ALL THE PEOPLE WE CAN TO BE THERE TO SUPPORT THE COUNTY AND RECLAIM OUR ROADS BY EXERCISING THEIR RIGHTS AS AMERICANS.

Sand Lick Road is a few miles down Big Bend Road just outside Zachariah, KY (41301) which is in between Slade KY and Beattyville, KY.

Please spread the word and help show the public is not going to allow our access to be taken illegally. Be there to support our county and access to our forests in general. There are hundreds of miles of county roads in the national forest, this is the first of many we are taking back from illegal closures.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
NwiTACO

My Rig: 2005 TACOMA DCSB

So how did it go?
Blue Ribbon Coalition #4847

'05 Tacoma DCSB on Tons
NwiTACO is offline   Reply With Quote