TTORA Forum banner

4runner dual 3-link

8K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·

See less See more
#8 ·
looking good. I really like the low COG ;)

one suggestion...after seeing Nate's carnage at the '06 TO to his rear upper link bracket I would beef that sucker up.

#9 ·
Looks nice. :cool:
I have a question though, if you have driven it how does the suspension react having the pahards going the opposite direction from each other? If you haven't driven it, what are your thoughts on what it might do?
Also what coils is it running?

#11 ·
both bars are mount on the axle at the driver side as best i can tell... what are you talking about?
Look again. The panhard on the rear axle is mounted on the driver side of the axle. The panhard on the front axle is mounted to the passenger side of the axle. On a side note, any vehical with a steering box ( not full hydro) needs to run the panhard in line (same direction, angle, etc) as the drag link. Other wise the steering and suspension will fight each other and every time you hit a bump the wheels would drastically to one side. :eek:

#14 ·
It very might. This is something I have been wondering for a while but can't really find any good info on it.
I am less concerned about low speed use than I am high speed, not just off road but freeway driving too. I am wondering if it would cause some weird YAW effects with the panhards mounted like that.
I have read that a panhard in the rear can cause some twicheyness on its own at high speeds (I'm talking off road where the suspension is using much more travel than on road freeway driving where it may not be noticed).

#16 ·
that really doesnt look all that good...the rear shocks are set way to far in, there is a hell of alot of threads showing on the link ends(someone cant read tape), and the link mounts seem to have a bit to be desired (ie welds and structural integrity), and the coils leanin all over the place...there are a few more things but fuck it, Im gonna get bashed on enough anyways.

like always just my :2cents:

#19 ·
I waz gonna comment on those rear shocks as well. At that severe an angle the question, "why bother having shocks at all?" comes to mind. ;) They are rendered useless as shocks at that angle.

#20 ·
looks good man..... but i would make a bigger plate where the sliders bolt on to the frame and put a gusset in on the top between the plate and legs...... other than that nice build

#32 ·
I would agree Todd that it shouldn't be that wierd at speed on the road with them long and flat- but I definately think they would have to be the exact same length angle. I'm just picturing it going around a corner at speed and if the panhards are different lengths/angles the truck would kind of twist as it laid into the corner.

Jumps would definately be interesting

#33 ·
About the shocks... we HATE the way they ended up but the customer really wanted 12" shocks... I let him know that he would be back and paying for a second shock relocation once he figured out that he had lost all of the shocks dampening abilities... oh well, I guess I'll post the updates :D

As far as the panhard, we figured that the effects would not be extreme enough since the roll centers are the same either way. I never considered that it might counter somehow the raduis effect of the front, not sure if that's true or not but I guess now our customer can test it out as let us know.

-Jeff

#35 ·
so how does it drive is all I wanna know?

#36 ·
x2. very nice work

#39 ·
i saw this vehicle while browsing your sight, called over there and asked if there was any more info on it, guy that ansered phone didnt seem to know what i was talking about, im thinking i may try to duplicate rear set up on my '90
i like how low it sits and keeping rear coils

#43 ·
im just curious, why are the coils so inverted due to the axle not being wide enough up front to have them straight up and down?

and sorry for it being a late post compared to it being a near 1 month since last post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.