TTORA Forum banner

Wheel Bearing Replacement?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rader 
#1 ·
ok so im new to the toyota world, as well as offroading. ive got a buddy who thinks he knows everything, so i need to get some stuff cleared up... is it true/wise that i need to have my wheel bearing repacked, and diff. fluid changed after every offroad/muddin/bogging trip? just thought id ask.

#2 ·
umm i just realized i posted in the wrong thread.. meant to post in newbie tech.. is there anyway to move this? thanks

#3 ·
Moved to the proper section.

If your wheel bearings are sealed like Tacomas, then there is no maintenance required. As for the diff fluid, if you sink your axle in water, then its at least a good idea to check the fluid for water contamination afterwards. The fix for this is to relocate the diff breathers higher up to avoid water getting in.

#4 ·
well my wheels dont have center caps and their auto. hubs, so im guessing their sealed. as far as the breathers are... i dont know what or where they are. thanks for the info. and sorry for the wrong posting thing.

#6 ·
Your front wheels are not sealed bearings but do have seals in the hub. They are replaceable and re-packable.
The front hubs spindles control arm on the 93-98 T100 are just like on the 89-95 Toy Truck and 4Runner.
I drove in mud and water with out getting water in the bearings but had good seals and the wheel hubs pretty full of grease.
It was never long periods of submersion so someone that lives in the mud will be able to give you a more informed answer than me.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.