TTORA Forum banner

4 Link and 3 Link kit Progress thread

17K views 57 replies 29 participants last post by  Wills88toy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, as mentioned in a previous thread I am planning a full 3 link with panhard and 4 link double triangulated kit for the rear of the 95-04 Tacoma...

This thread will provide updates as well as let you as the consumer give feedback and positive criticism along the way.

Ask questions if you have read the entire thread and it has not been mentioned before. I'll try to fill in the blanks. Thanks -Jeff

Oh, and don't bother with 'how much will this cost' questions, I don't have a clue yet... Let's wait until it's almost done.

#4 ·
4 link upper mounts

Here's the upper mounts for the 4-link kit, they are adjustable from 35* to 45* separation. They are disigned for 7/8" rod ends misaligned to 9/16".

The kit will include a truck specific (long bed, extended cab, short cab..ect..) spacer plate that will set the seperation angle for you. It will be a triangular piece that bridges the two inner brackets.

#16 ·
CuriousJ0N said:
i'm an idiot so i'm gonna ask and risk getting flamed.

what's the purpose of a linked rear and how does it work? downsides?

Count me as an idiot too... I've been wondering what the purpose of a linked suspension and how it works. Judging from all the pics of linked rigs, I'm assuming it helps you get more flex? But I'm beating my mind over how does it allow you to flex as crazy as those pictures show without bending a link? I gues I will have to see one in person to really understand it.

#20 ·
go do some reading u guys with newb questions. the sas folder has lots of great information on hiems and johnny joints as well as what this stuff is all about. if you read you will see how this type of suspension benefits over leaf sprung setups and what it means to have a 3 or 4 link setup.

#21 ·
jrizman said:
go do some reading u guys with newb questions. the sas folder has lots of great information on hiems and johnny joints as well as what this stuff is all about. if you read you will see how this type of suspension benefits over leaf sprung setups and what it means to have a 3 or 4 link setup.
I was asking about his equipment he's using to produce the kits. I'm fully aware of what he's building. :)

Chris

#22 ·
Is there a minimum lift you will need? Or will three inches up front do the job? :D

I guess it could work if you find the correct height of coils? I've got tj coils sitting in my garage.....but it will lift it about 4-5".

#23 ·
I'm using a PracticalCNC table with a Hypertherm PowerMax1250 and a ATHC (auto torch height control) unit that measures the arc distance from electrode to material which is proportional to the voltage produced... and it adjusts the Z axis automatically to follow any warping in the material for a consistent cut.

For the milling I just have a 2.5HP router set to 8000 rpms and liquid cooling on the same table. I'm kindof sidetracked right now, I'm making aluminum bead locks on the table right now with coutersunk holes, chamfered edges and a cool inner design, I'll post that up on another thread. Expect these to be ready in about a month.

You will need about 5-6 inches of lift minumum 8 nominal, but that's not set in stone just yet. I designed an adjustable upper link on the 3 link that might allow a lower lift height, but a low 4-link setup is out of the question.

Any questions I'm forgetting just let me know or others can field the questions if you like. Thanks for the interest! -Jeff

#24 ·
Oh, and don't bother with used or aftermarket coils, the kit will be designed to use supplied coils so that I don't run into bad handling and fitment issues/complaints. If you want to purchase separate parts not in kit form that's a different story. Thanks -Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.