TTORA Forum banner

e-locker guard gastank issues

13K views 107 replies 43 participants last post by  XT Tacoma 
#1 ·
since the other thread got deleted... who is having problems with the skid contacting the gastank?
im planning on buying one of theese pretty soon and i dont want to end up with a sliced gastank

#4 ·
I was able to tell, before it was deleted, that the inchworm skid doesn't have the issues the other guys does. And I still think it was unfair for it to have been deleted. An incredible hazard like that should be told in bold print on this board. Like I said it only takes one rig on fire and that shop will belong to the family of the wheeler that dies.

Tim

#9 ·
02tacotim said:
I still think it was unfair for it to have been deleted. An incredible hazard like that should be told in bold print on this board. Like I said it only takes one rig on fire and that shop will belong to the family of the wheeler that dies.

Tim
I completely agree. A safety hazard is a safety hazard regardless. Isn't that one of the reasons we all gather here on boards like these? To compare modification do's and don'ts, manufacturer quality, safety etc. It is our money we are spending shouldn't we be allowed to know who makes good products and who makes sub par?

#11 ·
yes I would like to know 2.. i have the E-skid on a xtra cab. I got it from trail gear.
is there any issues with theres?

#13 ·
I have the inchworm and so far so good. To date I have only had the stock leafs with 2-3" blocks; been to the bumpstops a-plenty. Will have Deaver 8s after this weekend. Hope this dosn't lead to problems. Anyone have the inchworm & deaver 8s?

#16 ·
Damn, need to crawl under to check out this issue.
I have R.O.R.E.'s e-Locker, bought from All-Pro.
This will be interesting, there might be a fire-sale of e-Locker skid plates if this really is an issue with some trucks.

#17 ·
ShowStop said:
That was your truck? I totally forgot whos it was because that was from JT 2004. So enquiring minds want to know. Whos locker guard was that?
Um... AOR? It looks identical to http://www.sonoransteel.com/MC09/rore.html

I actually transfered it to the 85 for the HP FJ80 elocker. :)

The reasion it comes into contact (or did on my Tacoma) was that I was running a Deaver leaf pack which moves the axle 1/2 forward (or... they did). That combined with the extra steel on the skid... caused the gas tank and skid to come into contact, needless to say the skid won.

Some gas tank fix, JB weld and wire mesh, the tank was fixed, and hasn't leaked since! There was no way I was going to spend big money on a gas tank when I could repair mine.

#18 ·
This thread is gonna make me cry myself to sleep tonight. All Pro, Sky, Marlin, and Trail Gear are going to hate me now, and I can't possibly be expected to live with that knowledge. Please delete this thread immediately. IMMEDIATELY!!!! PLEAAAASE?!?!?!

Oh yeah, my Marlin e-locker skid used to hit my gas tank skid plate... but I chalked that up to the fact that I have moved my axle forward about 2".

#19 ·
Wgasa84 said:
Um... AOR? It looks identical to http://www.sonoransteel.com/MC09/rore.html

I actually transfered it to the 85 for the HP FJ80 elocker. :)

The reasion it comes into contact (or did on my Tacoma) was that I was running a Deaver leaf pack which moves the axle 1/2 forward (or... they did). That combined with the extra steel on the skid... caused the gas tank and skid to come into contact, needless to say the skid won.

Some gas tank fix, JB weld and wire mesh, the tank was fixed, and hasn't leaked since! There was no way I was going to spend big money on a gas tank when I could repair mine.
so chris, you want a gas tank, hows 60 bucks sound?? hehe...

#20 ·
synovus said:
This thread is gonna make me cry myself to sleep tonight. All Pro, Sky, Marlin, and Trail Gear are going to hate me now, and I can't possibly be expected to live with that knowledge. Please delete this thread immediately. IMMEDIATELY!!!! PLEAAAASE?!?!?!

Oh yeah, my Marlin e-locker skid used to hit my gas tank skid plate... but I chalked that up to the fact that I have moved my axle forward about 2".
No need to hide the truth. If there's nothing wrong with their skids or if there's a explanation & fix, it will come out. Don't let us become misinformed because we don't wan't to upset certain people. That's politics. This is an offroad forum designed to educate.

#21 ·
Jeeeeesus, I didn't catch the old thread. So I'm the TRD E-Locker with the Trail-Gear guard with soon- to-be installed Deaver 3-Pack. Who the hell knows if I need to worry? I'm already worried. Who the hell knows if it will clear the fuel tank?

#22 ·
synovus said:

Just installed a marlin skid on my e-locker and there is tons of clearance.

#24 ·
mgyver1 said:
No need to hide the truth. If there's nothing wrong with their skids or if there's a explanation & fix, it will come out. Don't let us become misinformed because we don't wan't to upset certain people. That's politics. This is an offroad forum designed to educate.
Nooooooo!!! We need to do all this discussion in secret so nobody gets their feelings hurt and so all the various manufacturers/fabricators (especially All Pro) still love me!! Please, for the love of all that's holy, delete this thread now!!

:D

#26 ·
Since folks are looking that this, let me ask a slightly off-topic question. when I installed my e-locker the #2 bolt pictured below came out completely rather than the nut screwing off. As I pulled the bolt, there was a gurgling/sucking sound that occurred. Anything to worry about???? Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.