TTORA Forum banner

2005 Rubicon grant needs support

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BigBadBob0 
#1 ·
Once again we need your help. Mike Gray of El Dorado County has asked for letters of support for the 2005 Rubicon Grants. Email is fine. Snail mail is OK too. Last year there was 120,00K in grant money. 80,000 for conservation and 40,000 for Law Enforcement.

email him at: mgray@co.el-dorado.ca.us

If you have any q's about the plan follow the links in my sig below.

here is my letter:

Mike, my name is Scott Johnston and I have been active with FOTR for about two years now. I have been wheeling on the Rubicon since 1991. I even moved to El Dorado County to be a part of the 4 wheeling communtiy I love so much.

I have been President of my 4wheel club and been involved in many group Events on the Rubicon and at HHSVRA.
ANY money you can get through the grant process will ensure continued protection of the Rubicon for my children and their children. The involvement I have seen is incredible. The enthusiasm and cooperation between all the parties invloved in the ROC has been very impressive. I am understanding of and support any delays in the RTMP schedule to make sure the plan is the best it can be and has no flaws to impede it's implementation.

My will continue to be as involved as possible to keep this trail open and help provide a working model for other user groups across the country to look up to.

Last year I helped with cleanup, signing and concrete work on the trial. This year I will do the same. I am very excited to be a part of the contiuing saga on the Rubicon Trail.

Yours truly,
Scott Johnston
Garden Valley, El Dorado County, CA

See less See more
#3 ·
I was coming to start this thread, Scott :) Here was my letter:

Mike,

I am writing to show my support for the 05-06 OHV grant. I am a visitor
to the rubicon trail several times a year and a member of Tacoma
Territory Off-Roader's Association (TTORA). In the past three years that
I have been running the Rubicon I have participated in multiple work
parties to pick up trash, clean up oil stains and at one very special
event last year, pick up human waste.

I would like to continue to see the county and forest service "match" my
working contributions with monetary contributions to help keep the
Rubicon in excellent shape for anyone who wants to to have access to it
in the future. The Rubicon is a special place with a lot of history, any
grant money that we can obtain for the purposes of preserving the trail
and it's history will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bob Van Zant
bob@norcalttora.com
VP Tacoma Territory Off-Roader's Associaion, Northern California

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.