TTORA Forum banner

Most supercharged miles?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kaistie 
#1 ·
Just curious....Life expectancy with the supercharger?

#3 ·
i'm less. 130,000 the truck is doing fine but she hates regular unleaded.....just thought i would try it and see :)

#6 ·
Cracks were all around cylinders 3 and 4 (the middle one on each side, if I got my numbering wrong!)... and went up into the coolant passages... so coolant was leaking down into the chamber fouling the plugs. Quite a mess.

How did I deal with them? New cast heads had to be ordered from Toyota, everything (cams, etc) were switched over from the old ones, then Toyoyta reinstalled onto the engine.

Brian

#7 ·
As long as you don't half-ass your install, and you do the neccessary fuel system modifications, and keep up with your regular maintenance, there's no reason why a supercharged engine won't last just as long as a stock one.

Gadget's 4Runner has been supercharged forever, and he still drives it, and wheels it all over the place. Gadget, or Dick Foster probably have the most Supercharged miles on their rigs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.