TTORA Forum banner

LED Lights

59K views 252 replies 28 participants last post by  NorcalPR 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys and gals,

I am looking for some led lights to go in my truck toolbox and my camper trailer. What do you guys use for 12volt LED lighting.

I am thinking the 12 LED lights for the tool box and the 48 led for the camper trailer. Does any one have any experience with these brand lights or this website.

Trailer Lights
Toolbox Lights

#141 ·
These things looks awesome, definitely gonna order some, but they are sold out right now. :(

#143 ·
dyogim,...how did you connect your shell LED's to your truck wiring? Did you just splice into a certain wire or did you have to use a special relay or LED converter, etc.?

Those look really cool and put out LOTS of light

#149 ·
#152 ·
Quick question... any one know of a company that sells in bulk the Delphi Weatherpack Connectors? Other than buying a kit that have ones I have no use for?

Most companies I looked at only piece together what you need type of ordering.
Note, MSC, Grainger is a no-go.
If no one knows, I will ask around our Electrical Engineering crew and purchasing agents on Tuesday.

Looking for the 16 Ga - dual connector versions.

#153 ·
Are you planning to use them for your China LED's? I thought about going that route but my electrician co-workers suggested hard wiring them since I wasn't planning to change them all the time. Just a thought :) Those weatherpack connectors are nice but not worth the extra money or time for cheap LED's.

#154 ·
I got mine from delcity

They don't add that much cost and make swapping them out easy if they do break/fail. I made 4 extra that use the same length pigtail, so they will work on any light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#160 ·
I got mine from delcity
I tried searching by part number/name (like the 2-cavity female or male connector housings).... no luck. :(
The only one they show are the one way (?=single cavity?); but with a 3cav pic?
http://www.delcity.net/store/Weather-Pack-Connector-Housings/p_9072

Did you have to submit a list for a quote from them?

I also found PCS Performance that sell Weather Pack individually.
http://www.pcsconnectors.com/weatherpack.aspx

Guess the search continues for a supplier.

#157 ·
Thanks mike...

#158 ·
The only thing I dont like about waytek is their minimums are high. Deloitte is great because the prices are right and the minimums are low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#159 ·
Agreed. I try to stock up. :D I'll check the other place out if I need a smaller order. Thanks!

#161 ·
I've bought a decent amount of weatherpack from PCS. Great to deal with, quick shipping, etc. Only gripe I have with them now is they stopped selling the connectors with pigtails ready to go. So you have to piece it all together.
Not a huge deal, just less convenient than before.

#163 ·
I'm an idiot, I missed those tabs on top of the table.

#177 ·
my stuff is between China and here....:cool:
still have not ordered any connectors.... maybe next week.

#180 · (Edited)
My LEDs arrived today! :D

What to do next... order connectors, build the wire harness and then mount them.
Yeah, I have not ordered the connectors yet. TOo much stuff going on at work, keeping me preoccupied to concentrate on this.

FYI - distance between each LED square is 3-inches.
THe LED Square are 1.5 inches
Cost @ $22 + shipping.
The wire gauge used is 20 awg. between each module.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-SMD-Mod...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e66c7e51b
20x SMD Module 5050 4-LED Waterproof White Light Lamp 12V
IP-65 grade

Description:

20pcs of SMD 5050 4-LED modules connected in parallel circuit
Waterproof construction
Low power consumption, high energy efficient
Luminous: 15LM
Viewing Angle: 120 degrees
Grade of Waterproof: IP65
Emitting Color: White
Operation Voltage: 12V
Current: 0.12A
Grey wire for anode. white wire for cathode
Power Consumption: 1.44W per module
Overall Length: Approx. 7.7 ft / 2.4 meter
Single Module Size (L x W): Approx. 1.4 x 1.4 inch / 3.5 x 3.5 cm
Applications:

Backlighting for channel letters and advertisement signage or light box
Decoration lights for entertainment places such as disco, KTV, bars and night clubs
Decoration for Events and shows
Decoration for pool, fountains or waterfall
Task lighting or marine signal
Package Includes:

1 x LED Module (with 20pcs of individual modules)

#178 ·
Mine just got here. 2 weeks from payment to delivery, direct from China. I have the link on the last page from aliexpress or something.

#182 ·
well it's been 3 and a half hours and I got an email already that says they've shipped. So far so good.

What are these connecters everyone is talking about?

#184 ·
sigh, I knew I was going to be reading through all 6 pages... damn laziness...

edit: that was disappointing. Does anyone know of any connectors that have a cover with them that will protect the connection if the other half isn't plugged into it? I'll be lighting up my canopy but when it's not on, the plug will be exposed. They need a sealed "cap".

If I can't find anything with something attached, I'll maybe just order extra and fill one with epoxy and call that a cap...

#185 ·
#186 ·
yes exactly (I knew I'd seen something like that somewhere... just, every day, on the back of my truck...)

I think the ticket may be to order extra housings, and like I say just fill them with epoxy, with a piece of cord or something tailing out so I can secure it to the plug it would cap (like the trailer one)

#187 ·
what's everyone using for switches? for my canopy and under the hood I want to mount some stand-alone, closed up box, all I can find at my local auto place are dash-mount dealies

#191 ·
In dash for me... for now, looking to have one switch for the rock lights.
Then the one mounted under the hood, use a plunger switch to activate that one... when I raise the hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.