TTORA Forum banner

Need some front coil advice

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cpizzle 
#1 ·
Hey what's up people. Quick question. This is for my wife's tacoma. 2008 Double cab, 4x4, V6, base model (no TRD, sport packages). It currently has the adjustable Bils 5100 up front (set on the top notch ~2.5" lift i think) with the stock coil spring. The rear has an AAL, also with 5100's. I put these on when the truck was brand new so they've been on there approx 66K miles. I'm going to drop the truck back to stock height and wondering if I should replace the stock coils with something else since I'll have it all apart. I'm going to keep the 5100's all the way around.
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I knew you guys would be worthless. Two replies and no advice. That's what I expected from you internet wheelers....:D

Stroke: Yes she's tired of jumping big cracks. It's also hard for her to put the 6mos old kid in the truck but yes mostly tired of crack jumping.

Faux: Why do you think I'm here on the TTORA board. Best poser board on the internet. ;)

Anyways, I can't find any info on the basic coils that came with the truck. I'm wondering if they're the same as the sport package coils. I'm thinking of just leaving the stock coils or replacing them with someones low mileage sport coils or buying some aftermarket ones if anyone has suggestions. I'm just worried that these stocks ones are gonna sag after being compressed with the adjustable bils for so long. So, any advice besides smart@$$ remarks :p

#6 ·
What size tires and what tire pressure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.