TTORA Forum banner

anyone heard of?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  synovus 
#1 ·
anybody ever heard of fittin 33x10.50 mtr's on a stock 99 TRD prerunner with only a front 2.5" lift and stock rear
(replaced w/stock height bilstein hd's all around). I prefer the higher front. rides awesome better than stock. right now i got 31.10.50 r15's.

dont know if ever want to mess w/rear suspension also?

all possible answers are appreiciated

#2 ·
if you can do the front suspension the rear is a cakewalk, leaves are way easy to deal with

as far as the 33x10.s as long as your rims dont push the itres all funky, they probably will fit with light trimming of the pinchweld at the firewall, i just hammered mine flat

#10 ·
RICKADOOTRD said:
if that is true, im going to stay loyal to bf goodrich. i havent even looked around yet for sizes but the tread on the mtr looked a bit tougher than the bfg mt
What possible reason could I have to lie to you about that?

It's not difficult... go to Goodyear's site, look up the MT/R's, and there ya go... all the sizes they offer clearly listed. Same for every other tire manufacturer.

In general, you're not going to be able to tell how "tough" a tire is just by looking at it. You're gonna need to research the specs on the tires and read reviews from folks who have had them. Unless you just mean "tough" looks, in which case you could easily end up with the worst tires on the market if that's your sole criteria.

For example, when I was looking at purchasing tires, the MT/R's had great specs for sidewall thickness/durability and very good traction on dry, rocky surfaces, but most reviews indicated that they tended to wear out quicker from on-road driving than the BFG Mud Terrains I was comparing them against (indicating the MT/R's have a softer rubber compound). While the Mud Terrains had a less reinforced sidewall, they also got better mileage (a significant concern to me, since my truck is my DD), and many people reported that they performed better in muddier, lower traction situations than the MT/R's. They were also much less expensive than the MT/R's, and came in the particular size I really wanted. In my opinion, there's more to purchasing a tire than just what looks "tough".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.