TTORA Forum banner

Body parts question

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  jptiger 
#1 ·
Anyone replace a headlight assembly or grille yet? Full replacement with the mounting? How about prices and wher you got it please.

The grille is cracked on the mounting and the headlight on the driver side has the one piece of the mount cracked also. Its on a 2005 with the chrome grill surround.

Thanks.

#3 ·
05TACODOC said:
Check ebay... I got a color matched grill there for $80 plus shippin' :D
I see headlight assemblies there all the time.
Yeah, and I found out today that I'm not a big fan of wheeling on icy hills. Sliding back down hill 15 feet isn't good. And the worst part is how I stopped (hence, the need for new parts on a 2005)

#5 ·
ocdropzone said:
Like 05TACODOC said, ebay is gonna be about your best/cheapest source for parts...
At least you did not set off their airbag....those get expensive..
I'll have to look on there. It wasn't very fast, hence just the plastic mounting pieces broke on the grille(and a small cracked piece of the grille) and headlight. The lense/reflector and everything else is fine on the headlight minus that one plastic tab.

#7 ·
05TACODOC said:
You might try a little epoxy or something if it's just broken tabs on those parts... maybe engineer new tabs yourself, especially if the defects are not visible I'd try keeping them together on the cheap... :2cents:
Not a bad idea, I might be able to make something work for the headlight assembly. I'll check that out tonight. The grille will have to be replaced. Thanks for the suggestion.

#8 ·
jptiger said:
Not a bad idea, I might be able to make something work for the headlight assembly. I'll check that out tonight. The grille will have to be replaced. Thanks for the suggestion.
Did you get a chance to stop by the dealership and see what they bodyshop said?

#10 ·
www.car-part.com

You can use it to buy parts, or simply to check prices on parts before you head out to the scrap yard. You can search for damn near any piece of the truck used.

#11 ·
Anybody out there change out a headlight assembly on a new taco yet? I'm having trouble figuring out how to get to the lower mount. In the limited time I had to look last night it appeared the screw was inside/behind the bumper. Any ideas?

#12 · (Edited)
I got a new headlight on Ebay for $90. I think the dealership wants over $300 for one. :eek:

There are 4 bolts that hold the light. Two on top, one by the edge of the bumper, once you remove the grill (the grill pops off when you remove the two top bolts and two pins). The 4th headlight bolt is underneath on the side of a bracket near the fender. Ya can't really see it. You can just feel it. Ya gotta get your arm up in there and undo it with a short 10mm socket and ratchet. A small 1/4" drive ratchet is the way to go.

#13 ·
PB2theMax said:
I got a new headlight on Ebay for $90. I think the dealership wants over $300 for one. :eek:

There are 4 bolts that hold the light. Two on top, one by the edge of the bumper, once you remove the grill (the grill pops off when you remove the two top bolts and two pins). The 4th headlight bolt is underneath on the side of a bracket near the fender. Ya can't really see it. You can just feel it. Ya gotta get your arm up in there and undo it with a short 10mm socket and ratchet. A small 1/4" drive ratchet is the way to go.
Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the info. Hope to have this fixed shortly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.