TTORA Forum banner

pipe benders

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TacoManny98 
#1 ·
looking to possibly buy a pipe bender so I can fab me up some sliders for my imaginary truck. (unless someone here is interested in helping me out) I want tube sliders with the kickout on the back (i think) so does anyone suggest any cheap pipe benders at places like northern tool or anything?

#2 ·
Harbor frieght has 2 benders right now, lot#32888 12 ton Hydraulic pipe bender. Much used, loved and hated by this crowd. It is cheap$69.99 so if you kill it, no sweat. They also have lot#44094 compact bench bender. $54.99 It may work, also. Who knows?? The pipe bender will bend heavy wall large tube-1.5 to 2" without too many problems. The tube bender says it will bend up to 2" Can't go wrong for only$60....www.harborfreightusa.com Good Luck!!

#3 ·
I have used the harbor freight benders and the only problem I had was that it dents the pipe where it pressed against the push dies. I did my cliders and the roof rack on the camper with it. Not bad and lots cheaper than the 800 I have in the other one.

Gadjet

#8 ·
swank501 said:
I love that bender.If only I had 4000.00. Just got my model 3 in today. It is pretty bitchin.No dies yet though

from my understanding thats would be the expensive part ....... the damn dies right ? my buddy with the branco has his all set up and we are getting started on my front tube this weekend :D can't wait

#9 ·
captsurf said:
from my understanding thats would be the expensive part ....... the damn dies right ? my buddy with the branco has his all set up and we are getting started on my front tube this weekend :D can't wait

No the dies are cheap compaired to the unit itself die package is about $572
The bender itself runs $4,280 so a complete setup like the one Marco borrowed is about $4,800 and over $5,000 after taxes and misc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.