TTORA Forum banner

1st gen 4Runner guys- what seats work?

31K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  rangerruck 
#1 ·
I just picked up an 88 2 door 4Runner and the driver's side seat is shot. I've thought about sending the seats with my buddy down to Mexico and have them redone really cheap but I'm also thinking of just replacing them. However, since it's a two door the seats obviously need to fold forward to accomodate the rear passengers, which can be limiting. So for those that have changed their seats, what did you switch to and how do you like them? Pics are nice!

#4 ·
I put Corbeau Baja SS seats in mine and they are so comfortable, but do not flip forward. I retained the slider function on the drivers side but solid mounted the passengers seat with the stock seat brackets. Works well.

#8 ·
I put seats from a 2nd gen SR5 into my 89 4runner several years ago. The fit and almost all of the bolts will line up( I think 3 out of 4 will, but its been awhile). However, I think they sit an inch closer to the dash. I never realized it until I bought back my 84 and I would drive the trucks back to back.

#10 ·
A bit of a junkyard jewel and hard to find, but I got a set of 1st gen Celica Alltrac Turbo seats for $40 and only had to drill one hole per seat - I would imagine other Celicas would mount very similar

My seat install thread

#11 ·
I got these seats out of a KIA. The front bolt holes matched but the two rear holes didn't. I ended up changing these seat for some 1gen. seats. The KIA's made me sit up to high, if your not so tall they would work. I paid like $40 at Pic-n pull. They did smell like Gun powder, because the Air bags had gone off in the donor car.

#12 ·
I put buckets from a 93? sr5 in my 87 p/u as others have said 3/4 bolt holes lined right up. couldn't be happier.. not the most comfortable seats ever but they recline and sure beat the hell out of the split bench!

#13 ·
Ive had 99 Taco seats on custom brackets, and PT cruiser seats also. Now I got Corbeau Baja SS seats on Corbeau brackets. I don't care about the back seat I don't put the top on anymore so if someone wants to ride they can climb there ass in.

#16 ·
Yes I drilled hole for the rear mounts. I think it was a late 90's car and a 4 door model, don't remeber the exact model or year. Sorry not much help!! ( I know! )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.