TTORA Forum banner

anyone heard of true align and true round on tires

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RedRunnertc 
#1 ·
I heard that next time i take my truck to get aligned i should get my truck true aligned, which is regular aligned, then they get a come-a-long and pull my truck down resembling a load, then align again, and true rounding is supposed to help because most tires are just a mold, so they aren't always perfect, so this shaves off unbalanced parts, to allow even ware.

is this bull or not?

#2 ·
Never heard of true align before, sounds like BS to me. The tolerances on the alignment specs are pretty open - certainly enough to compensate for any minor difference of the truck being in motion.

Tire shaving is not uncommon and just about necessary with SuperSwampers, however, radial tires are very good these days and you shouldn't have to worry about it on an all terrain or street tire.

There is also road force balancing which applies a load to the tire like it's on the truck and is much more accurate than traditional balancing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.