TTORA Forum banner

Engine trouble code: P0450 Evap Pressure Sensor

28K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ochatesme 
#1 ·
Well I've got a small issue here and was hoping I could get some insight. Lately, I've been getting a CEL that reads P0450, which is an Evap Pressure Sensor malfunction. Now, it is VERY intermittent, it usually takes one to three weeks before it starts to come back on after I pull the battery cable to reset the code. From searching, I found that it could possibly be a leak in the fuel lines, but if it was a leak wouldnt the CEL come on consistently? I'm assuming that the Evap Pressure Sensor is going bad, thus being the reason for the CEL coming on at intermittent stages. Before I go dish out $157 on a new Pressure sensor, does anyone else know what might cause this trouble code to be thrown out?

#3 ·
SAR_Squid79 said:
If you're not screwing your gas cap all the way on until it clicks, you can get that CEL code.
Read about this one too, I make sure the gas cap clicks several times after I gas up. It still clicks even after the CEL comes on so i'm assuming, hopefully, that it's not the gas cap.

#5 ·
Little update on this, I went ahead and ordered a new evap pressure sensor from www.toyotaworld.com seeing as how the dealer wanted about $190 for it. My CEL came on again two days ago and instead of clearing the code like I usually I decided to ride it out and see if it goes away on its on. Well, it went away last night while I was at blockbuster, anyone know why the CEL would have cleared itself? I'm sure it'll come back on within a week or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.