TTORA Forum banner

Tin Benders 09 Pics

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  TACOABUSE 
#1 ·
Here are mine!
Ran Outer Limits on Friday

Gotta love that four link

Just an idea of how big some of the rocks are!

snack time!

more to come!

See less See more
#2 ·
More Pics!

Ran to Bobby Long and some friends just a bit up the trail!
this is not his rig

This is! Bad ass rig!

Ladies and gentlemen! Mr Bobby Long!!! Mr Long is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet!

Then My buddy Ivan destroyed his stock knuckle! rip the bolts right from the top tearing it in half practically!!! Time for 6 shooters!

more to come!

#3 ·

and then! bam!!!

Ivan broke his rear axle and tore a hole in his tank about 100 yards into the trail... it was all tore up from koh....we all back down and called it a day

Ivan takes Mvp for most broken parts in one weekend

#6 ·
here are a few pics of our fun run at the Tin Binders this past weekend. since there was not enough participants for the Jeep JK run they were combined with our group. Jon and Sara from All-Pro led us all on a fun little run through Johnson Valley..

#7 ·

#8 ·
The Jeep was our comic relief on the trail. So here is an explanation...

This Jeep guy that just bought his stock Rubicon was talking stuff up about his Jeep and some of the runs. Jon mentions he led the FJ Cruisers up Clawhammer before for the FJ Cruiser challenge - how IFS rigs have never done it before, etc... So this guys smirked and said 'so how do I find Clawhammer? Maybe I will give it a quick run after I get out of here.'

So Jon from All-Pro decides to park his SAS FJ Cruiser up on a rock for a nice pose. We all take a break and then Jon casually drives down the rocks. So the same Jeephead said 'Well, if HE can do that then I should be able to for sure...' so he follows Jon's line up onto the rocks... and gets stuck. Right after he gets on the first rock.

So the guy with the Jeep is sitting there sweating bullets. He is thinking - sure, I will just back off this rock the way I came down. Doesn't work. He high centers. Then starts sliding sideways off the rock. He keeps wiggling back and forth until he gets totally stuck. He then asks Jon to try and winch him out. Jon backs him off high center but then the jeep starts shifting on the rock and slides some more.

So now the guy is about 8 inches from flipping his rig and he starts trying to wiggle it back and forth again. Now he is to the point where he can only go forward - or flip his rig. So he asks everyone what to do and we all yell at him "gun it!!! Skinny it off!!!". So yeah, after nearly eating a hole in his seat and busting a few beads he finally just guns it off. His front went airborn like 8 feet and he sort of crashes down off the rock. He makes it - barely - without flipping. Of course he was heading straight for me and I had to run out of the way because the fucker almost ran over me... :p

Last thing we heard him say was 'that is the last time I try and follow an FJ Cruiser over something ever again.'

Right after that he blew a tire (ripped a valve stem off). Monkey helps him change his tire since he doesn't have a jack. The guy had zero confidence anymore and just turned around and took a fireroad back to the lake bed and called it a day. Somehow I don't think he tried Clawhammer... ;)

#11 ·
Great pics. I like the story about the Jeep. Very funny.

#13 ·
here's one final pic from our run...whats a run for me without a bentup bumper? i swear, every weekend it takes a new shape haha..

#16 ·
I doubt it. Monkey is probably waiting for it to get to the point where his shit doesn't run and all of his CV's and front suspension is completely broken in two and ripped to shit before he will take it in to All Pro. My guess is he will take his 'yota in to All Pro when they finally wheel its cold dead carcass up on a flatbed. :p

-Brian

#18 ·
hehe. nice story. I wish I could've made this run. Been on the calender for a long time, but it was just not to be. That looks like a fun trail!

#20 ·
damnit son..post up a link of that utube video haha

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.