TTORA Forum banner

Anyone Running LT285/75R17?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Grunger 
#1 ·
Havent had much luck with a definitive answer on this. I was wondering how much cutting would be involved in order to run this size tire? From my signature I have a TC 3.5" LT kit, and am spring under in the rear with an 1.5" wheel spacer. Will I have to trim my body mount in the front? I know I will have to trim my front bumper and probably the pinch weld. I currently am running 255/85/R16's without any issues/ cutting. Also, I am looking to get new tires soon and the price per tire of the Toyo's in 255/85's are nearly the same price as the 285/75/17's. I would obviously need to buy 17" wheels but those are easy to find.

I am interested in this size because it offers a little more ground clearance but without the weight of true 35's. Please post pictures of any cutting that may need to occur in order to run this tire with my setup.

#2 ·
Yes. I am running 285-75-17 KM2s on my 06. I have pretty much the same TC setup but I am not running spring under in the back.
Cut the body mounts and installed the fiberglass fenders. Had to modify the front bumper to match the fenders. Haven't had any rubbing issues except maybe a little in the back.

Sorry no build pics.

#3 ·
Been running 285/75/17 Toyo muds on my first gen tundra for a few years now. Going LT appears to have alleviated the clearance issues I had on the frame and pinch weld. They're on FJC factory steelies, so they just barely clear the spindle due to the large back spacing.

The build isn't complete so the truck hasn't been wheeled with the new suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.