TTORA Forum banner

Fall crawl in az!

6K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Kaistie 
#1 ·
So I go invited to wheel with the guys in AZ. I have to say that they are a class act. They were all great, fed us for breakfast and dinner and showed us some of the wildest trails I have ever been on. And the pyrotechnics at night were out of this world. Here are some pics from the run. Thanks again, Eric (FAUX X 4) Mike (Heatstroke), Mike the most awesome cook, Tim full body maniac, Safety Nate, Unsafety Nate, Uriel (MerMan) Scotty, Jaime, Jeep Guy, and all the rest. You guys are the best.

Water fall on Collateral Damage. This trail claimed the most carnage of the day. Cracked my front fiberglass fender, broke Tims front driveshaft, and Heatstroke's front locker stopped working.

There were some awesome rigs out there.

Used to be a Suburban.

Super cool Buggie.

Mike's cool '87

Safety Nate's Taco.

Carlos's 4Runner... or what is left of it. Plus his wife drove most of the time. That chick can drive.

Tims full body Taco. Boy was he brave.

Mike(Heatstroke's) leaf sprung Taco. Awesome

Scotties Buggy...This guy was crazy.

Unreal!

Bustin' a little glass....:eek::D

DeMello sliders do their job.;)

Out of it....:p

MerMan.... one hell 0f a driver.

One crazy buggie....

Jeep guy doing his thing. Awesome driver and one heck of a pyromaniac....

Eric's problem started on Friday.....:eek:

We know why Eric took this picture.......

Thanks again guys. Can't wait until AZ Rocks. I'll have Dan and Jason with me next time.

See less See more
#3 ·
We then went and ran Upper Terminator, up to Tip Top, and then we found a great trail that took us up to 5000' elevations and towards Crown King and then back down towards Table mesa in one big loop.

John on part of UT

Up in the Bradshaws

WTF, this rock is easily 50' tall :eek:

Looking towards Lake Pleasant

#7 ·
Hey 007Max, It was good running into you guys on Lower Terminator. Had a great time. Didn't realize you guys had such awesome and wicked trails out there. Collateral Damage was something else.

Hope to see you again.

#12 ·
Yep, that was a great day. LT and UT are always fun, and it was great running into you on the trail. Melanie rolled a bunch of video I am still going through of you guys on LT. I will try to get something up soon.

Meanwhile, here are some pics...

Parking spot while we tried to get Igor through Z-Turn.

Walking the line through Z-turn.

Getting out to have a look

Full Stuff

#14 ·
I have gotta make it out to AZ. Great pics of some awesome looking trails.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Yeah, I guess 16 months of hard wheeling finally took its tole on that part. It was my own damn fault on this one sice I had 3/8" plate that I was "Going" to use for that mount, but remembered everyone ribbing me for overbuilding my junk. Nevertheless, that shit wont happen again. That is the first time any of my own fab work has failed. Lesson learned for sure. Thanks to Tim and Stroke for assisting my off the trail. We all enjoy the company from the out of staters, so pack your bags and bring it!!!

A few of my vids as well.
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037367290048043617qeYHPs

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3095254140048043617PsuqpE

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3047562850048043617WSLoWs
and the best...
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3017219990048043617sqniUl

#20 ·
#23 ·
Awesome pictures guys, I just came across this thread.

One question thou.....and dont flame me please, but are these actual trails you guys drive or just decide to drive over anything and everything that comes in front of you? :eek:

keep the pics coming.....we dont have as much rock crawling here in OZ which is why I enjoy reading about what you yanks do up there.

#27 ·
Yes, MOST of them are registered with the BLM as rock crawling trails. I can't say how they became rock crawling trails, other than to say that God left them there for us from hundreds of years ago to enjoy;) Blazing new trails or cutting new lines is a big "No no" and is not tolerated. We fight very hard to keep what we have open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.