TTORA Forum banner

Dome light help

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  mightiestmouse 
#1 ·
i recently put LED lights in my gauge cluster map light and dome light and now when i open my door even when the dome light is set to turn on when the door opens it wont. The only time it works is when my keys are in the ignition and its turned to acc! Any idea on why this is, id really like my dome light to come on when my keys arent in the ignition and its pitch black!

Thanks

#3 ·
I haven't heard of them not coming on at all, but I know they are very low light until you fire it up. I think there's some sort of resistor or something to correct the situation. Try searching around in the national board interior/electronics section.

I have an LED in one of my map light spots and it will come on, but very very dim until I turn on the other "regular" light, then the LED brightens up. When I researched it I found it's not uncommon and some folks had come up with a somewhat complicated solution... well, it was more complicated than I was willing to deal with at the time.

#4 ·
yea they only work when the ignition is on at acc but ill check the main board to see if i can find anything.

#5 ·
Here's a thread that might apply to you're problem:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2331748#post2331748

EDIT: I'm not sure if you're getting no power to the light sockets, or if there's so little light it seems like they aren't working. But the resistor they talk about in that thread was what I was referring to a few posts up.

#6 ·
awesome thanks doug i found another thread on the main forum but it had no solutions, im way to lazy to buy a soldering iron and resistor and then find room fo it in the little space there is up in the roof so ill just deal with it for now i guess

#8 ·
no i dont have a voltmeter anymore just my charge checker from when i was an electrician, which is of no help haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.