TTORA Forum banner

waaa hooo im headin out your ways!

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  extremepaint 
#1 ·
well looks like after the 15th of this month i'll be making my way out to denver with the girlfreind to start a new and hopefully find a good job that will support my gas and wheeling habits. my girlfreind keep getting angry that i dont take her out in the truck as much as she likes. im hoping that will change when im over in the denver area :D

basically fo all of you that have no idea who i am. i have an 04 ext taco 4x4 (of course) with some do it yoru self bolt on sliders that i havnt even started on. i got a really crappy lift that needs to come off and basically i love to wheel the thing. i need to do the powersteering pump before i head out.

my back ground is in airbrushing so i do alot of paint work (if you remember from my firt post a couple months back) and im also a certified bartender so i'll be looking to get a job servin some drinks. and hopefully making some for you guys after a good day of wheeling. my girlfreind is real picky so i've gotten really good at making mixers blended and shots.

i also do the r/c crawling thing so i'll probally bring some toys along with me when we go out. i dont know if anyof you have tryed your hand at it, but its a real blast when you get out and compete i've built a comp setup for under 500 bucks!

anyway my names ben i drive a white taco with wnyoffroad.com sticker on the back and an h2 recovery vehicle sticker so if you see me headin down the road wave and honk! lol oh its got a big ole dent on the driver side when i tried to make sweet love to a tree in the middle of the night on a trail i had no buisness being on! haha

see ya soon

See less See more
#4 ·
ive onlyhad the pleasure of wheeling with one other taco, it was my buddys a reg cab with out a locker, i got the locker so it was a hoot seeing wear i couldget through and he couldnt. most of the time i was the one pullin him out haha! but i seriously cant wait to go out with a big group of toyota owners, i was just getting used to being ragged on in the local jeep club even though i remember a couple instances showing up a certain rubicon on some baja claws :D

#5 ·
glad to hear that you're gonna be heading out this way soon.

#7 ·
Helllls yeah :D...and you're coming at the right time, everything's finally starting to thaw out. Bring your snowboard if you got one, last weekend we went riding at the glacier and then took the wheeling route home.

You guys gonna be in Junction or Denver?

#8 ·
well start out in denver, i think theres more job opportunitys there for my skills.

well be leaving in exactly 7 days my sis has her mba grad party next saterday and sunday we help clean up. and monday we leave. no snow boards so i'll have to rent, and the girlfreind is from florida so snow is a new misterious wonder to her! gonna get her out on the bunny slope haha

#11 ·
lol gixxer that cracked me up!

SP!N4L T4P thanks for the compliments most of the good stuff isnt even in there! ;)

anyone know a good place to have a set of do it yourself sliders welded together?

i feel like im gonna have to get these things on before i goout and wheel with you all

#12 ·
anyone know a good place to have a set of do it yourself sliders welded together?

i feel like im gonna have to get these things on before i goout and wheel with you all
yep, a HOW. my place (the HOW South) is always available and i'm just south of denver.

#15 ·
Yeah we have several welders. Talks to Jeremy (spindleshanks) as his brother manages a bar in loveland and maybe they need help. It's a cool bar for shizzy!

And I need to hit you and russel (VWfast60) up to do my moab camo!!!

Welcome. We wheel almost every weekend and are a great crew!!!

#19 ·
And I need to hit you and russel (VWfast60) up to do my moab camo!!!
Damn, and I was saving up random half empty rattle cans to 'help' paint!

I'm thinking for my junk, I'm going to head up to the paint recycling center in FtCo and grab up as many different colors as possible. Just because the lady at the county registration required me to specify a color of my truck, I want to make it as many colors as possible so I can show her a picture and tell her to pick one!. I'm thinking partridge family bus action on this thing.

#16 ·
im pretty damn good at color matching so we could probally have that thing blended so well that you'll loose it 20 feet infront of you!

all you will see is wheels and tires :D

ill be in contact when i get to the area, sean i'll probally take you up on that offer, i think all we need is 3 c clamps a good welder and some air tools to get some of the corrosion off the pipes. damn florida humidity really did a number on the bare steel. if you need an aircompressor i got a 20 galon 5 horse craftsman

#17 ·
Oh and when you get in we can host you - we have a spare bedroom if you need it. That's the way CoTTORA rolls... we support eachother like no other!

#21 ·
When we did White Rim with the NorCal guys a couple years ago, the Ranger asked Mike what color his truck was and he replied "multi". She got this strange look on her face and then said "like lots of rust"?

We were all dying laughing as Mike tried to explain "snow camo" to a FS Ranger...

#22 ·
when i get a place to spend some time workin onthe body of my truck its gonna be half white half black and a whole crap load of stuff in between.... still working the design but trail damage will be included in the paint job! :D

i'll just say the more it gets scratched the betterit will look! or more realistic for that matter! ha

#24 ·
realistic textured rust for scratching, stained paint from dripping rust, mud and dirt with a flat finish, airbrushed dents, flat finish paint peels, basically the idea is to make it look like i took a really nice paint job offroading and tore it to all to hell. i dont know weather to do it over the top or just enough to make people do a double take or tripple take and actually walk over to see whats paint and what isnt...

i hope the only way people will know its actually been wheeled is by looking underneith and seeing the scratches dents and general mayhem ive done to the under side.

#26 ·
yup in in the springs right now, been pretty busy tryin to find a place since we got here, gonna look for this week then i think, i think this weekend i may be headed to slc to pick up a van for the girlfreind. sean i need your number again, i hve no idea what happend to your number b/c my old phone got lost in a snow bank (i think)

so far i love colorado... except for denver traffic thats gonna take some gettin used to.

oh and my birthday is this weekend and im deffinitly askin for a gps from someone!:D

#29 ·
hey man, i'm glad that you made it out here. if you need anything let me know, i will do what i can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.