TTORA Forum banner

WE-Rock, May 5-7th

4K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  AVplus 
#1 ·
Anyone going? I'd like to check this out.

#11 ·
ohio03trdtaco said:
Sweet I was getting a little tired of hopping curbs and looking cool at the mall. Now I can shine the truck up and show off its real off road looks. :D
You were looking cool at some point? Bet that was a stretch...

#13 ·
ohio03trdtaco said:
Dude you doubt the coolness of my shinny rattle can sliders, or the fact my truck looks even lower now.
put some street glow lights on there and you'll be pimpin fo sho!

:cool: :xpimp:

#15 ·
OK - back on topic ... Here's the event schedule:

EVENT NAME: 2006 W.E.ROCK Eastern U.S. Event 1
SERIES NAME: W.E. Rock USA National Championship Series
EVENT LOCATION: The ROC 4x4, 2200 Watkins Rd., Columbus, Ohio…

May 5th , 2006, Friday

4:00pm to 8:00pm: Tech inspection and event registration, Vendor/sponsor set-up, Show and Shine, Autograph Signing, Meet the Top Teams in the Nation

Location: Quaker Steak and Lube, 8500 Lyra Drive, Columbus Ohio, 43240, 614-430-9464 (From 71 take Exit 121 (Polaris Parkway), turn south. The second light is Lyra Drive. Turn Left on Lyra. We are directly behind the Marathon Station.)

May 6t h, 2006, Saturday

7:00am: Late tech inspection and Check-in @ the W.E.ROCK Head Quarters, "The ROC" Columbus, Ohio. (To make arrangements for late registration and tech, call Rich Klein for details

10am: Start positions posted at Comp site on W.E. ROCK Trailer

9:00 am: Spectators gate opens.

9:00 am: Driver’s Meeting, W.E.ROCK trailer at comp site

10:00 am: Competition begins

May 7th , 2006 Sunday

9am: Spectators gate opens.

10am: Competition begins

3pm: Projected end of competition.

Results: Posted within ½ hour of the end of competition.

Awards ceremony: Within 1 hour after end of competition.

Directions:

From 270: 270 To alum Creek Drive. South to Groveport Rd. Right on Lockbourne Rd, Right on Watkins Rd Spectator entrance 2200 Watkins Rd.

From 71: 71 to Frank Rd, East on Frank rd. Frank Rd turns into 104, 104 To Groveport Rd. South On Groveport rd, Left at Watkins Rd. Spectator entrance 2200 Watkins Rd.

Food and drink vendors will be on site.

Restrooms will be available.

No Coolers or alcoholic beverages

No Animals or pets

For more information: Call Rich Klein @ 530-417-5333

I am going down Saturday the 6th to be there about 10:00 and will be there most/all day depending on the weather.

#16 ·
I should be there Saturday about 10ish and will stay until my sister remembers I promised my truck to help her move ;)

#18 ·
food suggestion...
quaker stake is good, but unless you goto the original, it'll just be a franchised copy...

now...if you like italian...
check out Carrabbas, about the same price as olive garden, but the food is 2 steps above olive garden... IMO ;o) (and right next to the lube)
http://www.carrabbas.com/

#21 ·
99TanTaco said:
Troy, or any of you other northerners, what time do you guys think you will be passing thru the Ashland/Mansfield area? I could meet you guys at the rt 250 or rt 30 exit and caravan down with you guys. Will we be hitting up the Quaker Steak on the way back?
It's about an hour from there to Columbus, right? So about 9:00 I would think...

As for the food, Molly will be here, and she is a wings FREAK, so, yes, I would assume we'll stop at Quaker Steak (even though there's one around the corner from here)

#24 ·
How about people meet at the I71 and US30 interchange at 9:00 Saturday morning.

If someone knows a specific gas station or place at that interchange, post it up for more specifics, otherwise I would say the NW corner. For those of us coming south on 71, pull off the off ramp on the right side of the road. Those coming 30E pull off before you go under I71.

#26 · (Edited)
Thanks Jason - rest area is a good idea.

Meet at the rest area on the Eastbound side of US30 just west of I71 at 9:00.

Who all is going to meet up there? So far I have:
RedrunnerTC
NEVDEP
99TanTaco
Ohio03TRDTaco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.