TTORA Forum banner

planning meeting

4K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  Mark in Az 
#1 ·
BIG thanks to those who showed!! I for one appreciate folks coming down, even if to just say hi (it was a meet and greet too). BIG THANKS TO "waitress" Patty. Service totally sucked (thanks Native New Yorker), and Patty took matters into her own hands. Initial planning for AzRocks went well (imo) and it should be a fun AzRocks. Updates will be forth coming.

#11 ·
Heatstroke said:
Tim has a few action items. It's typical...crappers, firewood (no pallets this year) and maybe some other stuff I forgot about.

NO pallets? Sorry I know I was there, but I missed a ton of shit since I was sitting at the other end of the table.

#14 ·
If we opt to not purchase firewood or ask for attendees to each bring 2 or 3 bundles, I have a healthy stack of pallets here at work. They are double wide, but they will burn quickly as they are thin pine.

I like the idea of firewood so us few don't have to go back and sift the ashes.

#16 ·
grumpy said:
obvious advantage is no nails/staples to worry about. was anything discussed about getting firewood? do we have a date for the next meeting?
I'm going to post up a summary of the meeting here shortly, with action items and such. In short, we did discuss firewood and was going to do what we did last year -- ask everybody to bring out a couple packs or whatever they can fit in their truck with them. Tristan knows of a place that we can get some in bulk, but of course we would need somebody with a trailer to pick it up and haul out to camp. No date for next meeting....you wanna set that up? :)

#18 ·
grumpy said:
obvious advantage is no nails/staples to worry about. was anything discussed about getting firewood? do we have a date for the next meeting?
I agree, We just have to make sure we have enough firewood. Real fire wood smells better anyway.

#19 ·
4xClover said:
I'm going to post up a summary of the meeting here shortly, with action items and such. In short, we did discuss firewood and was going to do what we did last year -- ask everybody to bring out a couple packs or whatever they can fit in their truck with them. Tristan knows of a place that we can get some in bulk, but of course we would need somebody with a trailer to pick it up and haul out to camp. No date for next meeting....you wanna set that up? :)
there is a firewood place on Washington and like 50th st. they sell bundles 2x size of circleK and same price. if we had trailer we could see about bulk.

#22 ·
there is a cheaper palce in Mesa sells Coords, 1/2 cords ect... I've got a trailer so I could pick it up and haul it out - just need to figure out the money
if that's what we want to do.

grumpy said:
there is a firewood place on Washington and like 50th st. they sell bundles 2x size of circleK and same price. if we had trailer we could see about bulk.

#23 ·
TBob said:
there is a cheaper palce in Mesa sells Coords, 1/2 cords ect... I've got a trailer so I could pick it up and haul it out - just need to figure out the money
if that's what we want to do.
Bob - If you can get a quote for how much it would cost to fill up your trailer let me, Mark or Derek know and we can arrange for payment...depending upon the cost. Thanks!!!!

#24 ·
I've got a big 16' flatbed....how much wood do u want?

4xClover said:
Bob - If you can get a quote for how much it would cost to fill up your trailer let me, Mark or Derek know and we can arrange for payment...depending upon the cost. Thanks!!!!

#26 ·
I'll find out how much it is per Coord

4xClover said:
Well...Did you see how much Mike (bajaxlor) brough out last year? That was gone in no time!....so, I say bring what you can, either way I'm sure it wont' go to waste.....will just give us a more of a reason to stay up late! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.