TTORA Forum banner

frozen washer fluid

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  lunarmist02 
#1 ·
My washer fluid has been frozen for a bit. I checked the lines tonight and they look fine so I'm assuming that the fluid is frozen but I don't know why. I've lived in colder places but never had this happen before. How hard is it to get to the washer fluid container on a 96 4runner. Has anyone else had this happen before?

#3 ·
thenexus said:
My washer fluid has been frozen for a bit. I checked the lines tonight and they look fine so I'm assuming that the fluid is frozen but I don't know why. I've lived in colder places but never had this happen before. How hard is it to get to the washer fluid container on a 96 4runner. Has anyone else had this happen before?
Typical when its cold enough. Let the truck warm up as usual and the heat will thaw the lines out.

ive never had the reservoir freeze, guess its possible.

#4 ·
maybe you dont have teh deicer that freezes at -50 or whatever?!? maybe you have the debugger fulid that freezes at 0

#5 ·
that might be true since I bought it in southern arizona. If that is the case what is the easier way to fix it? Even with the engine full warmed up it doesn't do anything.
Coming back from wheeling tonight i had to stop every so often and pour water on the windshield to clean off all the salt and grime.

#6 ·
Yup, as stated, you aren't running the correct fluid for that weather. You can try parking your car indoors, wait for the frozen fluid to melt then leave your washers on until you empty the tank. De-icer is some great stuff. I've had windshields that were completely iced over and I didn't have a scraper but the de-icer took care of it. Also, as you a driving down the road, incorrect washer fluid will freeze to your windshield creating a dangerous situation.

#7 ·
Bringing this old thread back. I don't need an antifreeze type. But I hate water spots. What does everyone use?

Distilled water is what I switched to.

Anyone use RainX or similar product? What about dish soap?

What do yo guys use to remove the spots? I was going to use CLR. Would that hurt the rubber seal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.