TTORA Forum banner

Zach's slowww LT tacoma build

24K views 108 replies 19 participants last post by  toyota_tacoma 
#1 · (Edited)
It's going to take me a couple months before I even get the LT kit installed. At the time being I am just buying all the small components like the Urethane bushing kit, gussets, 1" diff drop spacer, etc... Last Saturday I had installed the Urethane bushing kit... I can't believe how long that took me to install! Haha.

Got these clear corner lights a few days ago, I thought if I am going to replace my fenders I might as well replace the corner lights. I should be getting the fiber glass fenders pretty soon. I will post pics of those when they are on the truck.

Fiberglass fender fit like a glove.

06/05/10
First day didn't go all that well... We only got one side finished, ran into a few problems... The LCA on the passenger side was a pain to get off the truck. The inner sleeves were seized. It took us a hour or so just to get the inner sleeves cut and lower arm pulled off. We had a little trouble getting the drivers side tie rod to pop out of the lower ball joint bracket. Only got one side finished, should have the other side finished by Monday. BTW the inner sleeves were toast. Toyota didn't even have the right parts in stock so I had to order some. We would have never been able to finish the install anyways. Should finish it Monday though cuz that is when my parts ship in.

This was the LCA that was giving us trouble.

Putting together the UCA's while my buddy dismantled parts off the truck.

We had a shop press which was nice.

We finished the drivers side.

See less See more
#6 ·
Friday night I did the tear down on the front. Saturday did the front and flipped the truck around and tore down the rear. Sunday finished rear.
I had my own press, welder and pipe notcher. That plus a good cresent wrench and beer, it will be no problem for a weekend.
8 hours for the front is definitely doable by most for just the front.
-sean

#13 ·
I have an old 8.4" axle that is sitting in my garage with no axle shaft on the passenger side. I was thinking about getting a new axle shaft put in then cutting off all the brackets on the housing itself then welding leaf spring brackets on the bottom side of the axle so I can run leaf springs under the axle. is there a site that anyone might know of that has custom fab work? Info on the geometry of making the brackets that weld on the housing? I can probably figure it out myself...

#18 ·
ya my buddy has glassworks and has the tabs also and they fit like shit.

#19 ·
My glass works fit like a glove, corner lights and all. but I did go to tech high school for collision repair and worked in a body shop for a couple of years :D

#24 ·
the problem is on the earlier tacomas from the grill to the headlight is pretty much level, and the newer ones (not sure when they started this) the grill is higher than the headlights, it dips down. these look like they fit the earlier tacos and not yours. i would give them a call and talk to them.

#25 ·
96-00 the grill and headlights are straight across

01-04 is when they switched to the better looking grill/headlights that you're talking about.

I'd double check this as well and make sure you get the right ones. It also requires some trimming to fit, they rarely fit straight out of the mold.

#41 ·
nah just zip tie it to the arms somewhere it'll still work:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.