TTORA Forum banner

Moab Utah and Silverton Colorado Vacation Pics

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dstrbdone 
#1 ·
Well here are the pics from my long road / vacation. The truck handled the 3700+ mile road trip which included 2 full days wheelin in Moab and 2 full days riding in Silverton Colorado without any problems. This was the first time taking the truck such distances after the SAS. I definitly recomend the twin stick mod in Moab or a selectable locker. I ran in 2wd as often as I could. Being locked front and rear definitly sucks on the rocks. On the first day in Moab we ran the last part of fins and things to get used to the rocks. Then on the way down I ran Potatoe Salad (both the left and right side. Didn't even slip a tire.) That afternoon my little brother ran me out to White Knuckle. That one was something else. Fun but wild. The pics do nothing to show what it is really like. Even with my long wheel base both rear tires raised about 6 inches off the ground during the decent which went rather well since my brother has spotted on this obstacle many times during the last couple jeep jambories. The next day I wanted to check out the Golden Crack. What a really long day. If you ever decide to go this route be prepared for a long day of crawling. To get to the Golden Crack we had to first do half of Poison Spider, then do the Golden Spike trail which included the Golden Crack and then to get down you have to follow the Gold bar rim trail. We made the 18+- mile trail in just under 10 hours. The trail was really long so we really didn't stop as often as I wanted to to get pics. I was able to run all the obstacles without bypassing any without much difficulty. My little brothers truck did suprisingly well having only 3" suspension, 3" body with 32x11.50 AT's and open diffs. We were able to get it through also without a scratch. The Silverton trip was a lot less wheeling (Except for a few parts) it is just plain beautiful country. I pretty much grew up in this area. OK sorry for the really long post check out the PICS!!!

MOAB:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a204/dstrbd3/Moab July 2005/

SILVERTON:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a204/dstrbd3/Silverton Colorado July 05/

Later,

Trent

See less See more
#4 ·
Great pics, Trent! Seeing pics like that get me even more excited about the TTORA Moab ride in October. I'll be caravaning out with Daniel, Duby, and our friend Ted. We've got a small group doing the White Rim trail a couple days beforehand, then meeting up with everyone else. I can't wait!

Even if you didn't get to do much hardcore wheeling in CO, it still looked like a great time. Beautiful country out there. I drove thru CO a few years ago, just as I was getting into wheeling, staying in Breckenridge a few days. The whole time I was there I wished I had a lift and sliders so I could go hit some trails. Hopefully I can get back out there one day to do some mixed wheeling/sight-seeing like you did.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

#5 ·
#6 ·
synovus said:
Great pics, Trent! Seeing pics like that get me even more excited about the TTORA Moab ride in October. I'll be caravaning out with Daniel, Duby, and our friend Ted. We've got a small group doing the White Rim trail a couple days beforehand, then meeting up with everyone else. I can't wait!

Even if you didn't get to do much hardcore wheeling in CO, it still looked like a great time. Beautiful country out there. I drove thru CO a few years ago, just as I was getting into wheeling, staying in Breckenridge a few days. The whole time I was there I wished I had a lift and sliders so I could go hit some trails. Hopefully I can get back out there one day to do some mixed wheeling/sight-seeing like you did.

Thanks for sharing your pics!
Yeah the one thing that I really wanted to do was go and see the arches. We were able to see a few from some of the trails but that was it. The sad part is I spent the first 18 years of my life a little over an hour from Moab in Colorado. I have been to and through Moab a million times but never to see the arches. Sounds like it will be a great time.

Later,

-Trent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.