TTORA Forum banner

New member NOT from California :-)

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jsherrill 
#1 ·
No offense to those from California, just thought it was kinda funny to see so many in this new member section from there. I'm from the Crossville/Crab Orchard area of Tennessee, I have a beat up kinda stock T100 (would be happy to tell the story if any interest). I have some big plans for my truck, got a D44 with the big hubs for the front, and a 14-bolt for the hind end, and a wife that don't like me spending the kind of money I need to for my truck :). As soon as i can figure out this photobucket deal then I'll post some pictures of my bucket.

#4 ·
I have a beat up kinda stock T100 (would be happy to tell the story if any interest). I have some big plans for my truck, got a D44 with the big hubs for the front, and a 14-bolt

Welcome !!!!!

T100's have the best stories, take a look around, find the locals for Your chapter (watch out for HillbillyYoung) ..

Hope To see some pictures of Your progress

Do work :saw::welder:

#5 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes. Jomemtum, I've read your build like three times, that's extremely close to what I want to do. Anyways, here's the story. My dad bought this T100 in '97, it was two years old and had like 50,000 miles on it. I reckon he paid quite a bit for it, too, It's an sr5 with power everything and all the bells and whistles. During the next few years he had this truck all over the southeastern United States hopping to and from all the millitary bases. When I turned 16 I got a $600 Chevy truck and ended up blowing the motor in it. While we had the Chevy took apart he let me drive the Toyota but his exact words were "I don't care if you drive my truck, but DON'T be out baja-ing in it". Needless to say, that very night some of my friends were going up on the mountain so I took the Toyota, and I rolled it on the way back down. Dad definitely was not happy about that. The truck would've been "totalled" if we turned it into the insurance company but we decided to fix it the best we could and let me drive it, all the damage was superficial anyways. Well being 16,17,18 whatever I was, I decided that I could fix anything i wanted to on the truck, using duct tape or whatever i could find lol. I wrenched all the way up on the torsion bars and cut the fenders and bumper to squeeze in 33's and proceded to beat the living crap out of this truck. If it was to literally break in half sitting in my driveway then i couldn't blame it. All through highschool and then some, this truck was my main means of transportation, and honestly never let me down, no matter how far I drove it through the woods or the interstate or wherever. Now, my truck is in pretty rough shape. Every type of joint in the front end is gone, I think I have 1 brake working on the truck, the frame's starting to rust pretty bad after years of hammering down through mudholes, I changed one axle seal and the pinion seal in the rear end and now the other axle seal is blown, I don't think I even have boots left on my CV's up front, it's a wonder they're still working, and in the top corner of my windshield I have a leak (easy silicon fix) but it's starting to make the carpet and stuff stink pretty bad. My speedometer quit working about two years ago when I changed the clutch and forgot to hook the cable back up. It's stopped on like 189000 miles, I assume it to have about 220000 or so right now, but knock on wood, the motor, transmission, and transfer case are all still in pretty fair shape. Ok, lets see if I can get these pictures to come up.

This is the front end (or what's left of it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.