TTORA Forum banner

Modification list thread!

13K views 63 replies 22 participants last post by  Roll Tide 
#1 ·
I am going to start a thread here so that you can list your modifications you propose to do to your rig. Don't delete the item once you finish it, just make it as "DONE"

It will give the new guys a good "yard stick" to measure their progress, and might give the older timer more motivation to finish his crap (yes I am talking about myself). this thread will be stickied so that it does not get buried.

I am not sure how successful we will be on keeping it organized, but DC and Brinner, feel free to delete any post you feel too far off topic (just give reason for doing so).

#40 ·
Another Update!

886's and Diff Drop installed, Sway Bar removed. :cool:

Special thanks goes to Rich Freeman of "FREEMAN OFF-ROAD" Liberty, IN.

He was the brains of the install, I just assisted and took notes. :D

NwiTACO...you rolling with or without the sway bar? If without, how do you like it? So far I'm not sold on it yet, but I plan on giving it some time.

#41 ·
Mods completed:
OME 882s up front
8 leaf deavers out back withsome bilsteins
255/85/16 bfg muds
allpro f/r bumpers and skids
Warn M8000
trail gear sliders
tundra brakes
inchworm/marlin 4.7 crawl box

Future mods:
Wyatt style tube bed/cage, basically the rear end my truck will be tube with removable bed sides and rear bumper for wheeling. This is still my DD so i need something to keep the heat off and prvent me from dying in an offroad roll or flop:saw::welder:

Get a crossmember made up for the crawl box (probibly have 4xinnovations handle that)

Cut off my welded on sliders off and get the frame checked out by toyota,

buy some bolt on sliders start on above bed

Possibly front fiberglass fenders depending on how the rear bed looks

35s maybe when i need new tires (probibly next year)

Way down the road, SAS with a waggy axle (have the axle and evreything just need to do it)

Overall im extremly happy with my truck as it sits now, its more capable than i could have ever imagined with the size it is!

#59 ·
Mods completed:
OME 882s up front
8 leaf deavers out back withsome bilsteins
255/85/16 bfg muds
allpro f/r bumpers and skids
Warn M8000
trail gear sliders
tundra brakes
inchworm/marlin 4.7 crawl box

Future mods:
Wyatt style tube bed/cage, basically the rear end my truck will be tube with removable bed sides and rear bumper for wheeling. This is still my DD so i need something to keep the heat off and prvent me from dying in an offroad roll or flop:saw::welder: (Still waiting to do this)

Get a crossmember made up for the crawl box (probibly have 4xinnovations handle that) (holding off on welding anything to frame pending new frame from toyota, see above, also getting a super duty mount in the mean time)

Cut off my welded on sliders off and get the frame checked out by toyota. (making appointment for the frame soon, coated the sliders in rust converter and painted, so far they look good)

buy some bolt on sliders (pending above mods)

Possibly front fiberglass fenders depending on how the rear bed looks (probibly not)

35s maybe when i need new tires (just going to get another set of 255/85/16s)

Way down the road, SAS with a waggy axle (have the axle and evreything just need to do it) (probibly not, will just get seat time IFS now, im happy with the way the truck sits)

Overall im extremly happy with my truck as it sits now, its more capable than i could have ever imagined with the size it is!
Updated!!

#45 ·
I already have everything...but the ambition to do them all before Harlan is iffy....

these will be done before Harlan
4pt belts for the back seat
dual cases w/ triple stick,fror skid and x-member

the maybe
full cage...already cut and bent....just need to weld it in and make tie's to the frame
make a set of half doors with the xtra set I have(to make the wife happy....they will have cup holders )

#46 ·
anyone rember this thread? or has the chapter just become so stagnet that no one is doing any mods?

#47 ·
I'm here...I think I updated not too long ago?

#49 ·
i have a few updates coming i just need to find my camera.

quick list

u bolt flip kit
boxed the rear portion of the frame
new cross member in the rear
new rear shock mounts
new rear bumper
new front bumper
sliders
new skid plates
battery box

#53 ·
Grant, didn't you have lockers on our last trip to harlan?

#56 ·
OK...editied as plans tend to change like the weather in Chi-town...

1. Aftermarket UCA's-DONE

2. Skid plates (IFS, T-case)-DONE

3. Wrap around high clearance rear bumper ( build one vs. $1100 purchased!)-DONE-Armortech

4. New front suspension-INSTALLED HOES AND FOX BUMPS

5. New rear shocks-14" BILSTEINS 7100's-DONE

6. Shackle flip/Rear susp. upgrade-IN PROGRESS

7. Remove bolts/weld-on sliders

8. Headlight blackout mod-DONE

9. On board air

10. Rear winch

11. 4.56 Gears, 35's (all @ once)-DONE

12. Rhinoline the interior/remove carpet

13. Lockers

14. Stereo-DONE-ADDED 6-DISC

15. Add more lights-DONE-CONVERTED TO HIDS

16. Illuminate 4x Selector knob-DONE

17. Tube bed

#60 ·
OK...editied as plans tend to change like the weather in Chi-town...

1. Aftermarket UCA's-DONE

2. Skid plates (IFS, T-case)-DONE

3. Wrap around high clearance rear bumper ( build one vs. $1100 purchased!)-DONE-Armortech

4. New front suspension-INSTALLED HOES AND FOX BUMPS

5. New rear shocks-14" BILSTEINS 7100's-DONE

6. Shackle flip/Rear susp. upgrade-IN PROGRESS

7. Remove bolts/weld-on sliders

8. Headlight blackout mod-DONE

9. On board air-IN PROGRESS-MV-50 w/ 7 gal

10. Rear winch

11. 4.56 Gears, 35's (all @ once)-DONE

12. Rhinoline the interior/remove carpet

13. Lockers-DONE-Lockright in Rear, ARB up front 5/2010

14. Stereo-DONE-ADDED 6-DISC

15. Add more lights-DONE-CONVERTED TO HIDS

16. Illuminate 4x Selector knob-DONE

17. Tube bed
:bump: for teh updates

#57 ·
Added some of my recent updates to my list.

New parts not listed are a passenger tail light and complete bedside after hitting a pole this winter. Got ran off the road. It was either a head on with a flying Suburban or the ditch and pole.

Also got a new grill, headlamp and had the roof painted after some farmboy decided to shoot his snow blower (FROM HIS GRAVEL DRIVE) across the road.

It's been a hard couple months with the Taco :(

#61 ·
no updates since the recent bounty gained from Ohio's spring fling? LOL how about more info on the compressor you came home with? looks "juicey" (as in good)

#62 ·
Well...since you asked...

I won the following:

MF-1089 Dual Cylinder compressor (dual cyl version of the famous MV-50) (From LROF)
Spartan Toyota 8" 4 Cylinder locker (From LROF)
$100 Summit Gift Card
$50 Toytec Gift Card
Shirts from the event as well as Yukon Gear
LowRangeOffRoad Coffe Mug

The compressor will be put to good use, as I seem to keep failing my MV-50's...heat kills them. Most recently I had both fail in my dual set-up. If I watch it and run them up in steps they do fine. Next may be a thermal sensor and relay to allow the compressors to switch off when getting hot...but this system is getting silly complicated now..

With the MF-1089, I will have the luxury of duals, but in the space of a single compressor. This will allow me to get my moisture seperator in the system to avoid getting the lockers "wet" and the problems that come with that.

I also have a set of 5 brand new 37/12.5/17 KM2's sitting at home waiting to be fitted as well, but really want to go beadlocks this time around. So now I am between a set of steelies and welding up some DIY (wont be the first time) or getting some bling Raceline Monster Beadlock Alloy Wheels, as they are on sale right now for a great price too...

Then I need to start destroying my wheel wells (whats left of them) and get these things fitted.

So...my 35's will be for sale soon so stay tuned! (5-35/12.5/17 MTR Yellow Labels)

#63 ·
run brake lines from the master cylinder to the front wheels

build square tube d/s

weld on orbital valve and run lines/cooler

cut off and reweld support for hydraulic ram at the correct angle

fill air shocks

make exhaust

cut rear fenders

cut front fenders

put gear oil in front axle and pray it doesnt leak (again)

theres gotta be more here... its been sitting since winter and i havent done anything

#64 · (Edited)
1. Install ULK and Billies..............DONE
Lift is purchased and am awaiting delivery

2. Install wheels and tires...........DONE
Wheels and tires are here, just need to be mounted and balanced.

3. Purchase and install sliders (still trying to choose which ones)........
Trail Gear vs. All Pro

4. Projector Headlights ..............
Not even close to knowing what I want to do here.

5. Bumpers.............
More than likely, Elite or Relentless...Front first.

6. Grillecraft mesh grille.

7. Black Grille........ Done

8. pinch weld......DONE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.