TTORA Forum banner

Alt to cutting tail pipe or relocation hanger:

11K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Jones 
#1 ·
Like it says, if you don't want to cut your tail pipe or buy a relocation hanger, try this:

See less See more
#11 ·
I wheel the fuck out of my truck and it has never rattled or "banged around"... that shit looks crappy.
Leave it that way if ya want, but please done sport a TTORA sticker if ya do....

:2cents:

No one said it was a pretty and sexy cheap trick section did they? I have seen some fu^Ked up stuff in here that gets the job done.... WTF man!

Well, sorry to piss you all off...

Just thought it was something to shoot out there for people who did not want to cut the tail pipe......

It works. It keeps the tail pipe off the springs.... it looks crappy... but know what... its NOT A SHOW TRUCK... its a wheeling truck.

Thanks for the input... Guess I can clean it up a bit....

#5 ·
i know this would take a little more work but it would be possible to unbolt the hanger that its on and weld back to where my2coma is showing his cut off at. I had to get a new muffler and had the shop go ahead and cut it off over the axle and weld new hangers up. Total bill for just adding the hangers and cutting it off was $7.00. I know what you have done is probably working well enough but i was having probs with the tip getting pinched anyways so i went ahead and went for the cut-off.

EDIT* Interesting Trick

#6 ·
I don't get it. :confused:

What is the point of this ?

the exhaust is still under the spring... and will be fucked up in a minute.

just because something is cheap... does not mean it's a trick.

Yer posted trick is useless and makes little sense...
to anyone that has any. :2cents:

Cheap tricks need to have a purpose and some quality to them. IMO

Temporary booger'd up bailing wire and duct tape fixes are not cheap tricks in my book.
a trail fix for the day... maybe

#12 ·
IF its REALLY a wheeling truck, That shit will get ripped off..
Thats why everyone keeps telling you to just fuckin cut it.
Go buy an angle grinder for 40 bucks from harbor freight, and some cutoff wheels while your there.
Will take 5 mins.

But good luck with that chicken wire.

#17 ·
^ I've never seen soo many smilies used in one post. Well done sir!
That's nothing :bhump::newbie:. Check this one out?

:flipoff1: and not just :flipoff2:, but :flipoff3:. Oh, did I tell you :flipoff4: . I don't think I got my point across :flipoff1: . Oh! Your hard of hearing :flipoff3: , need a visual effect :flipoff2:. Still need one more :boobies: oop's, :flipoff4: :jack:

#20 ·
I can see both sides...

I appreciate the effort, but I agree that doesn't seem that effective.

I am about to cut mine off but I am worried that it would endanger my dogs when they ride in the back with a shell. I was thinking about making some sort of quick connect/disconnect thing for it, just so I could cut it off, save the tailpipe, and then just have another piece of tailpipe that would go over the cut piece, maybe held together with a screw.

I also live in Utah and they are total bitches about safety inspection. I could see if they failed me for a cracked windshield, that would be acceptable. They failed me for having a cracked turn signal, there was a little 1" crack and that was enough to fail me. I had to order one from eBay and wait for it to get and install it before they let me pass.

#27 ·
Ya, thanks for the idea dude. I have the same concern as yota power - I don't want to fill my camper shell with exhaust gases. My truck is not a hardcore wheeler, it's an expedition rig. I sleep in my camper shell, and I have a few holes in the bed for various things to pass through. While I'm not normally in there with the engine running, I don't want a set-up that potentially fills up an enclosed space with exhaust. I'm doing a mild lift and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the exhaust.

#29 ·
How bout this for a correct way to relocate without the overly accepted/pushed cutting the tail pipe off. Turn the rubber hanger upside down and relocate the frame mount to adjust height. Did this when changing the muffler. Rotated the tail pipe to desired angle. Mine clears the spare by about an inch. Has been great for past 3 years. Works great with the shackle lift, don't know without.

#30 ·
that tie wire will rust and break in a matter of weeks, keep an eye on it.

I've been weary of cutting my tailpipe since someone mentioned that exhaust has a certain amount of water vapour which can hang out under your bedsides when you're not moving, settle and cause rust. Any validity to that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.