TTORA Forum banner

Common Cab Rattles

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DentedTacoma 
#1 ·
So I've been wheeling my truck a lot this past year and I'm starting to notice that there are a lot of rattles in the cab. I notice them when I'm wheeling and when I'm just driving around tow. I know that the dash and the stock jack rattle, but what else is common? I have a 2000 Extra Cab.

Also, I know that several clips that hold the plastic interior are worn out/broken, does anyone know the part number so I can order some?

#2 ·
so far i know my dash rattles, the back bottom corner of my cab rattled (it cracked there. oops. haha), the plastic on the back of the cab where the backrests are rattle, i had the little button to adjust the headrest rattling, my seats in general rattle, the covers that go over my rear speakers rattle sometimes, my driverside door panel and lock squeak on eachother... just turn up the tunes and it all magically goes away. haha

i dont really have any answers on how to fix anything. personally i just live with it, and listen to a lot of music. i have noticed that if you turn the defroster on with full heat, the dash rattle goes away. but then again if it gets hot, i crack the window a bit. then theres a lot of wind noise, sooo its hard to say which noise is more tolerable.

ive heard of people using the fuzzy side of velcro between the metal and plastic. just stick the velcro to the metal side, and pop the plastic back on and it gets rid of the vibes. anyone else heard of this? i got the tip from a stereo shop...

#3 ·
squeaks too.

My passenger-side air bag cover rattled (especially when cold) so I can understand how you turning on the defroster can help. I used small rubber weather stripping and tucked it under the cover to illiminate the rattle. Now, my driver-side seat is squeaking. I'm gonna have to pull it and work on soon. I thought about just spraying lube up/under the seat but I didn't know if I wanted to live with the smell. Any ideas? I'd like to just buy a set of Corbeaus' but $$$$$$$$$$ :D

#4 ·
People usually use rubber tube for the windshield rattle (which I have and havent fixed yet). As far as the stock jack, just "jack it up" with your fingers when it is in its place and that will tighten it in and it wont rattle anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.