TTORA Forum banner

loss of acceleration

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MikeS. 
#1 ·
I have a '97 Tacoma V-6. Recently I've noticed that it doesn't accelerate worth a damn anymore. The motor has 81K miles and the plugs are 5k old. Once I get it to speed it does fine, just no get up and go anymore.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
Clean your MAF sensor as well with some electrical contact cleaner. Also, take it in to jiffy lube or somewhere like that and have a fuel injector service done if you havent before.

#6 ·
There are a lot of cheap quick things you can check. Air filter, fuel filter, MAF. Run some Seafoam thru the fuel system, clean the throttle body. Check the plugs and wires, make sure you are getting enough fire. Yeha can do all of this yourself and spend less than $100 total.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I ran seafoam thru the brake vacumn and the tank about 5k ago. The plugs and wires were changed about 10k ago. I'll check them again. I"ve never touched the MAF, will do that. Air filter is 2k old, still real clean. I've never touched the fuel filter, it seems to get plenty of fuel when crusing at 85 on the I-state.

After I clean the MAF, if I still have issues I'll change that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.