TTORA Forum banner

Most reliable tacoma

11K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  knuckleduster271 
#1 ·
Which year tacoma would you say is the most reliable? Im thinking of building up a Lt truck up and I know some of the newer tacomas have weaker frames

#51 ·
which Taco is the best year model? the one that is well taken care of and recieves regular maintence such as proper lubing schedule, oil changes etc.

#56 ·
navyseals, u r begining to piss me off. stop talkin shit about the new tacos. no one really knows how reliable they are because they haven't been around that long. also, please stop making yourself sound like your a genious. I dont give a shit how high ur iq is. this is not the place to talk about how smart you are, this is the place to talk about trucks, and not bash other peoples shit. know change ur attitude or get the fuck out..

#57 ·
Normally the new tacomas that come out have evolved over the years from trial and error. it's called making improvements from prior models to make them more driver friendly navyseal. also they do research and developement on the trucks running them hard till they break so they can study the flaw or errors and learn how to avoid the failure by redesign. personally i look forward to buying my new 07 tacoma with all the luxuries on it. hope you enjoy reaching across your truck to roll down the window to adjust the passenger side mirror, or getting out to do so. i remember those days and i'll pass and take the power windows and mirrors.

#58 ·
navyseal as for your drug storing ideas.... hide your drugs and do somthing that gives us a reason to run a traffic stop on you. us cops are trained in the academy on how to identify a drug user. trust me we knowthere is more than one physical characteristic other then the stench pouring out of your vehicle that tips us off. hide your drugs where you will we will find them. if we can't and we know you have something we will bring in a k-9 unit to sniff them out. oh did you forget we use dogs for that?

#63 ·
because it is impractical. all the plumbing required not to mention a pump would have to be used to cycle the cooled water through the suitaround the body and also up and down the body. if it settled then your own body heat would warm that water. second it would be restrictive and uncomfortable. third your body weight would more then likely pinch off the flow of the cooled water through the tubes used. fourth a parker pumper fresh air/cool air induction system that they use on the race trucks and buggies would be more effective and practical then your suit theory. replace your back window with plexy glass or lexan. cut a hole in it. mount the parker pumper external and plumb a hose into the cab through the back window. better yet just keep the a/c you have! you would be suprised at how little power and hp it uses. you really won't notice the difference only goin up the 15 to vegas when running the a/c causes the truck to run a little hotter.

#64 ·
they use central air to cool houses. they use high rpm fans and heat sinks to cool cpu's. they use insulation and cooled oxygen in space suits. no water of any kind if they did it would boil in the presence of the sun and then freeze in the absence of the sun. i still remember from high school science class that the temperatures in outer space are extreme either burning hot or freezing cold in the low negatives. our atmosphere protects us from those extremes. this is not a science forum so leave that shit out. know what you're talkin about before you post. keep your questions or ideas in regards to trucks in this forum thats what we are all here for....... ok?

#66 ·
no its neither. if you want to discuss scientific theories go to a sci fi or popular science forum. myself as well as others here don't care and don't want to discuss theories of that topic. we are here to get advice or discuss topics in regards to toyota trucks. be respectful and keep your thoughts to the desired topics of this forum. incase you didn't read when you registered( i did) this is a toyota forum, a toyota club. its not social hour or a place to hang out and shoot the shit by talkin shit. well some posts may be i don't know i'm still pretty new to this, but i don't wish to disrespect the vet members of this club by talking about garbage or asking stupid questions such as a "liquid cooled suit". if its cause your bored go out, raise hell, get a girl friend, fuck with her. don't annoy the members on here. if you want to be respected then show some respect. if you act like a brat kid then you're going to get treated like one. the result... nobody will talk to you or answer your questions. I'm not ripping on you just trying to help you out. just based on what you have posted i could very easily judge you like some have here, but you're young, we were all there once. just be mindful here.

#67 ·
Wow.

Well, in the vein of on-topic, I've loved my '95 Taco, and I subscribe to the "fewer things to break the better" theory - I shopped for a while to find a rollup window, no a/c, manual locks, manual hubs, 5-spd, regular cab 4wd. I can fix pretty much everything in the driveway, and haven't had to muck with stupid annoying things crapping out.

The only thing thats starting to work on it is rust...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.