TTORA Forum banner

Tm 5/24/08

6K views 77 replies 15 participants last post by  lvanst 
#1 ·
We went wheeling...the end.

OK, it ended up being a little more involved than that, I'll try to be brief...
Myself, Uriel, and Loren met up Friday evening to do a little "pre-run night-run". We ended up running LT, UT, Judgement day, and then some other stuff that I can't tell you because I got completely lost and Uriel had to take over or we'd probably still be there!:D
We started on LT and I apologize because you apparently have to spend more than $250 on your digital camera to not take complete shiate night pics.
Elmo looks evil at night...

Then Loren decided to do a quick check for loose links, etc. on Z-rock...

Uriel looking for a convenient place to "take a leak"...:D

See less See more
#2 ·
We then headed to Judgement Day to play around on a few "optional lines". I have done this obstacle a few times before and it's always a little "tricky". Last year I rolled into the notch completely upside down and it was a very interesting recovery.

#3 ·
Things got a little interesting for Loren here, he almost rolled upside down into the notch, but was saved by the "softball sized" rock in the last pic here.

We then proceeded to UT and I finally got us lost...

#4 ·
Saturday morning the rest of the crew showed up and we went straight to CD. Before we got on the trail, Mike's power steering pump failed and he was unable to continue. Mike's (Heatstroke) locker wouldn't fully engage, so he backed off the trail and after a couple of adjustments, it was working great.

#5 ·
We then had a little more carnage when a rear spring pack decided to come apart. Jethro fab #1 involved one large clevis hook and some duct tape.:eek: A few chains were then required to keep a driveshaft from pulling apart.:eek:

Mike's (Heatsroke) pitman arm promptly snapped in half on the first big waterfall. He put on his (actually Eric's:D ) spare and beat the holy shiate out of his rig trying to get to the top. (Uriel was spotting if that helps you visualize the level of abuse!:flipoff1: ) At the top, Mike said he couldn't turn left. Upon inspection, the second pitman arm was bent. We then took the bypass since there were a few places where left turns were required.:D Jethro fab #2, sitting in the riverbed contemplating how to get Mike's rig home with a bent pitman arm. I jokingly mention that I wish we had a cordless sawzall. Rick goes to his truck and hands me one!:eek: I "respline" the pitman arm so we can rotate it and Mike drives it all the way to Chandler very slowly! We then all met back up and ran LT again with no more breakage! I know that one more roll happened while I was away with Mike and hopefully someone has some pics and a story of that (Uriel?).

#6 ·
Sounds like there was some GET SOME involved! I should probably go fix my garbage so that when I get back from all these out of town trips in the next few weeks I can join in on the fun!

#12 ·
I see Uriel is sporting his new logo, NICE! Who is the guy driving the yellow Jeep?:D Where is that line on JD? Is that that the triple fall just going diagonally from the middle to the right?

#13 ·
No, it's the big notch at the very end. I've never actually seen anyone else do it, though I'm sure it has been done numberous times. Uriel went right up as well (mmmm stickies!) and I really thought Loren was too, until he decided to lay down and take a nap!

#14 ·
What a perfect weekend for some wheelin!I did'nt get many pics,I was to busy enjoying the weather:) Fri. night was awesome,although Mike wanted us to head towards Flag:eek: ..:p Loren,you owe us brekfast!!:xzzz: :xzzz: :xzzz: :xzzz: :slap:

These are the only ones I have.

Yeah..umm..yeah:suicide:

I have some cool video of Mike(HeatStroke Mike),we had like 10 Mike's on the trails:rolleyes: seriously!!I'll continue working on em.

#22 ·
Ummmm...WTF?:D I'll start a thread with my 24 buggy improvements here pretty quick...need to order alot of parts!:eek: Stretching, redoing part of the cage, rearranging alot of stuff so I can carry more "road pops", double-beadlocks, etc.:eek: :eek: :eek:

What exactly is on your agenda?:cool:

#28 ·
Ummmm...WTF?:D I'll start a thread with my 24 buggy improvements here pretty quick...need to order alot of parts!:eek: Stretching, redoing part of the cage, rearranging alot of stuff so I can carry more "road pops", double-beadlocks, etc.:eek: :eek: :eek:

What exactly is on your agenda?:cool:
Im putting in a fresh 22re in,maybe with a lil boost to really get the squirrels angry;)

#38 ·
Pump is hosed. Pulley is firmly fixed to the input shaft, when turned by hand it makes some weird noises, not typical of a PS pump... We'll see what PSC says about it when they get it back.

Other than that, I had a blast walking the trail and imaginary wheeling!

#61 ·
Nice! I was going through your videos of the WT trip and watched the video of Grumpy bailing on me in the middle of the falls at Oreo! All tha shit fell out of the truck and rolled down the falls. I laughed my ass off when Mike said "The Copilot is not supposed to bail in the middle of the obsticle!" Grumpy says, "I'm not bailing." as he walks away:lmao: :lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.