waaa hooo im headin out your ways! - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Colorado > New Members Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
extremepaint
Veteran Member

Default waaa hooo im headin out your ways!

well looks like after the 15th of this month i'll be making my way out to denver with the girlfreind to start a new and hopefully find a good job that will support my gas and wheeling habits. my girlfreind keep getting angry that i dont take her out in the truck as much as she likes. im hoping that will change when im over in the denver area

basically fo all of you that have no idea who i am. i have an 04 ext taco 4x4 (of course) with some do it yoru self bolt on sliders that i havnt even started on. i got a really crappy lift that needs to come off and basically i love to wheel the thing. i need to do the powersteering pump before i head out.

my back ground is in airbrushing so i do alot of paint work (if you remember from my firt post a couple months back) and im also a certified bartender so i'll be looking to get a job servin some drinks. and hopefully making some for you guys after a good day of wheeling. my girlfreind is real picky so i've gotten really good at making mixers blended and shots.

i also do the r/c crawling thing so i'll probally bring some toys along with me when we go out. i dont know if anyof you have tryed your hand at it, but its a real blast when you get out and compete i've built a comp setup for under 500 bucks!

anyway my names ben i drive a white taco with wnyoffroad.com sticker on the back and an h2 recovery vehicle sticker so if you see me headin down the road wave and honk! lol oh its got a big ole dent on the driver side when i tried to make sweet love to a tree in the middle of the night on a trail i had no buisness being on! haha

see ya soon
extremepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
mrdoug
Veteran Member

My Rig: 3.4 swapped 85 xcab

right on man.. look forward to wheelin with you and see if we can match up that dent on the other side.

Hopefully my rattle can special won't make you sick to your stomach.

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
mrdoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
ike
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1999 tacoma

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
extremepaint
Veteran Member

ive onlyhad the pleasure of wheeling with one other taco, it was my buddys a reg cab with out a locker, i got the locker so it was a hoot seeing wear i couldget through and he couldnt. most of the time i was the one pullin him out haha! but i seriously cant wait to go out with a big group of toyota owners, i was just getting used to being ragged on in the local jeep club even though i remember a couple instances showing up a certain rubicon on some baja claws
Old 06-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #5
mgoose82
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mgoose82

glad to hear that you're gonna be heading out this way soon.

2001 ext cab taco
custom front bumper w/ reciever, double tube rear bumper, nerf bars turned into sliders, double tube roll bar, american racing wheels (prototypes), 285/75r Pro comp X-Terrains, 3" body lift, custom 5" rear lift, custom skids

to do: front spacers for this summer, collect parts for SAS
mgoose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
Avsfreak1234
Veteran Member

My Rig: 98 Taco, 35s n Stuff

welcome to colorado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsixtyseven View Post
allow me to help with the mind-fuck ...
Avsfreak1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

Helllls yeah ...and you're coming at the right time, everything's finally starting to thaw out. Bring your snowboard if you got one, last weekend we went riding at the glacier and then took the wheeling route home.

You guys gonna be in Junction or Denver?
devinsixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
extremepaint
Veteran Member

well start out in denver, i think theres more job opportunitys there for my skills.

well be leaving in exactly 7 days my sis has her mba grad party next saterday and sunday we help clean up. and monday we leave. no snow boards so i'll have to rent, and the girlfreind is from florida so snow is a new misterious wonder to her! gonna get her out on the bunny slope haha
Old 06-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #9
Qwik Gixxer

Prepare to have fun. You will love it here.
Qwik Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
SP!N4L T4P

hey dude i just checked out ur website, you do damn good work
Old 06-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #11
extremepaint
Veteran Member

lol gixxer that cracked me up!

SP!N4L T4P thanks for the compliments most of the good stuff isnt even in there!

anyone know a good place to have a set of do it yourself sliders welded together?

i feel like im gonna have to get these things on before i goout and wheel with you all
Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #12
mgoose82
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
anyone know a good place to have a set of do it yourself sliders welded together?

i feel like im gonna have to get these things on before i goout and wheel with you all
yep, a HOW. my place (the HOW South) is always available and i'm just south of denver.

2001 ext cab taco
custom front bumper w/ reciever, double tube rear bumper, nerf bars turned into sliders, double tube roll bar, american racing wheels (prototypes), 285/75r Pro comp X-Terrains, 3" body lift, custom 5" rear lift, custom skids

Old 06-11-2008, 03:36 AM   #13
extremepaint
Veteran Member

FRIGGEN SWEET! haha so im guessing you've done one or two sets huh?
i love this HOW thing, i just really hope i can find ways to give back b/c im more of a painter than a wrencher but i dont mind getting dirty! or bloody! haha
Old 06-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

C'mon over, I got a spare lid . Gonna be striking an arc daily again, starting this weekend. My garage is wired for 220/50 now, with a 30A breaker in the box.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #15
Lysmachia
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia

Yeah we have several welders. Talks to Jeremy (spindleshanks) as his brother manages a bar in loveland and maybe they need help. It's a cool bar for shizzy!

And I need to hit you and russel (VWfast60) up to do my moab camo!!!

Welcome. We wheel almost every weekend and are a great crew!!!

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
Lysmachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
extremepaint
Veteran Member

im pretty damn good at color matching so we could probally have that thing blended so well that you'll loose it 20 feet infront of you!

all you will see is wheels and tires

ill be in contact when i get to the area, sean i'll probally take you up on that offer, i think all we need is 3 c clamps a good welder and some air tools to get some of the corrosion off the pipes. damn florida humidity really did a number on the bare steel. if you need an aircompressor i got a 20 galon 5 horse craftsman
Old 06-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #17
Lysmachia
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia

Oh and when you get in we can host you - we have a spare bedroom if you need it. That's the way CoTTORA rolls... we support eachother like no other!

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
Lysmachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #18
extremepaint
Veteran Member

thank you so much for the offer on a place to stay, but i think we have a place sorted out plus we wouldnt want to be a bother.

i'll shoot vw a pm and see what he says.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #19
mrdoug
Veteran Member

My Rig: 3.4 swapped 85 xcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
And I need to hit you and russel (VWfast60) up to do my moab camo!!!
Damn, and I was saving up random half empty rattle cans to 'help' paint!

I'm thinking for my junk, I'm going to head up to the paint recycling center in FtCo and grab up as many different colors as possible. Just because the lady at the county registration required me to specify a color of my truck, I want to make it as many colors as possible so I can show her a picture and tell her to pick one!. I'm thinking partridge family bus action on this thing.

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
mrdoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
mgoose82
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm thinking for my junk, I'm going to head up to the paint recycling center in FtCo and grab up as many different colors as possible. Just because the lady at the county registration required me to specify a color of my truck, I want to make it as many colors as possible so I can show her a picture and tell her to pick one!. I'm thinking partridge family bus action on this thing.
i love that idea

they never ask me the color of my truck. as a matter of facti think it still says my taco is green and it hasn't been that color in 3yrs.

2001 ext cab taco

Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #21
RedRunnertc
Veteran Member

When we did White Rim with the NorCal guys a couple years ago, the Ranger asked Mike what color his truck was and he replied "multi". She got this strange look on her face and then said "like lots of rust"?

We were all dying laughing as Mike tried to explain "snow camo" to a FS Ranger...

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'96 Impala SS - my own personal cop car

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
RedRunnertc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #22
extremepaint
Veteran Member

when i get a place to spend some time workin onthe body of my truck its gonna be half white half black and a whole crap load of stuff in between.... still working the design but trail damage will be included in the paint job!

i'll just say the more it gets scratched the betterit will look! or more realistic for that matter! ha
Old 06-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #23
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
still working the design but trail damage will be included in the paint job!
That is a helluva good idea there .
Old 06-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #24
extremepaint
Veteran Member

realistic textured rust for scratching, stained paint from dripping rust, mud and dirt with a flat finish, airbrushed dents, flat finish paint peels, basically the idea is to make it look like i took a really nice paint job offroading and tore it to all to hell. i dont know weather to do it over the top or just enough to make people do a double take or tripple take and actually walk over to see whats paint and what isnt...

i hope the only way people will know its actually been wheeled is by looking underneith and seeing the scratches dents and general mayhem ive done to the under side.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #25
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

y'all make it out here yet?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #26
extremepaint
Veteran Member

yup in in the springs right now, been pretty busy tryin to find a place since we got here, gonna look for this week then i think, i think this weekend i may be headed to slc to pick up a van for the girlfreind. sean i need your number again, i hve no idea what happend to your number b/c my old phone got lost in a snow bank (i think)

so far i love colorado... except for denver traffic thats gonna take some gettin used to.

oh and my birthday is this weekend and im deffinitly askin for a gps from someone!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #27
SP!N4L T4P

i get pissed at denver traffic, untill i go visit my family in california...then denver traffic seems like a flowing chocolate river laced with whipped cream and cherries...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #28
MissTaco

Send a message via AIM to MissTaco

Welcome to CO! If you guys get out to Junction anytime, we've got room for ya to crash and I'm always up for some wheeling or riding my dirt bike!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #29
mgoose82
Veteran Member

hey man, i'm glad that you made it out here. if you need anything let me know, i will do what i can

2001 ext cab taco

Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #30
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

Awesome, you guys made it!

Welcome to the family . I'll send my # on PM.