Help! - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Indiana > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
ktm0252

Default Help!

Hello everyone, hope your holiday was great!

As you know winter and snow are rapidly approaching! I have a 2001 tacoma xtra cab pre-runner that I really need to get rid of. I need 4x4 im looking for a 99-01 tacoma 4x4 or 98-01 4 runner 4x4. Stock or slightly built would be exellent. Im wondering how to go about selling my pre-runner and also if any of you can keep your eyes out for a good 4x4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Justin!
ktm0252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
Bear
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1997 Toyota Tacoma

First thing to do on selling your truck would be to go to KBB.com or edmunds.com and even Nada.com to get an idea on what your truck is worth.

Once you have the price list it on Craig's list, on here, and the national board.

I would stay away from ebay, as you will only get scammers and little actual interest from the fee you have to pay for listing it on ebay.

Or if you happen to find a used truck on a lot somewhere, you can use your prerunner to trade up with.

Good luck, just with all this, try to have a little patience. I know in this market currently, trying to sell is a lot harder than trying to buy if you know what I mean.

I got my full size 3/4 ton diesel for what I consider a steal because no one else is willing to buy such a vehicle.

Originally Posted by abbott
remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
bstoocool

I have had good luck with cars.com. It does cost a little, but might help sell your truck quicker. Just my
bstoocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
DN1911

just in the local area i have seen several nice trucks and 4runners on the used lots if you want or need to go through a dealer. the Indiana auto and RV is one of the best resources for local purchases also. you can find a lot of trucks that are more built on the national boards such as TTORA and Pirate4x4.
DN1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
muddertrucker99

Why don't you do the 4x4 conversion! One of the guys on the georgia chapter has done it! He goes by the user name Hillbilliy young. I think he has a write up somewhere on TTORA. I'm sure he want mind you asking? about it. But that is just my

98 tacoma sas'd gone
muddertrucker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Bear
Veteran Member

Derek, I have helped a friend back home do the conversion. Also Sarsquid did it on his.

I think, even with the money saving benefits, it is still better just to trade up into a 4x4.

you have to find all the front end, including the diff, spindles and shafts. Harder if you are holding out for manual hubs. Then you have to source out a tranny and transfer case, find the misc. parts like new speedo gears, and dip sticks (yes, the transmission dip stick location needs to be changed when doing the conversion on a automatic)

the conversion can be done in a weekend, but you have to have all the cards in the right place one slip up and your truck is down until you can fix what held you up in the first place.

NOt bashing your advice, and I would help again if needed. but just trying to give the best advice I can.

remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
muddertrucker99

Kytaco will have almost all of the front end parts for him when he does the lift. thats if the other does do the conversion. But he was talking about go backwards into the years that are being bought back. That was the reason i suggested for him to do the 4x conversion. Yes i would agree that selling it to get the 4x would be better. But if he is upside down and has to put the rest in the other truck that he wants then he will have a higher payment. but that is just my . But i also have the access to a tacoma junkyard and that is all he has. So thats what i would do HEHEHe

But no offense taken! I merly was suggesting it.

98 tacoma sas'd gone
Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
Bear
Veteran Member

and I am just merely conversing.

did not take into account for him possibly being upside down. so you have a good point.

speaking of junk yards, you never got back to me on that motor.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
muddertrucker99

I called the guy about that motor he never got back with yet.

98 tacoma sas'd gone
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
ktm0252

Thanks for all advice guys. I think the conversion is a bit more of a project than i wanna take on. But i will def list mine and look at dealer inventorys for possible trades. If anyone comes about any good deals or rigs in these year ranges please let me know! Thanks again
ktm0252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #11
Bear
Veteran Member

Well let me know when you hear from him. I am now considering the 3.4 for the FJ (be nice to keep it all toyota) and if I can't get this damn motor in the taco running. I might need one for it as well!

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #12
Bear
Veteran Member

there is a description of a nice one for sale on the main board;'99.

But it is probably a bit too far to make the deal viable. It is out in California.

If it comes down to you doing a conversion, start collecting parts and researching. I am sure we can pull together enough help for you here to get it done at a WAT.

GO SPURS GO!!!!