Delamar mine trip 02/22/09 - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Nevada > Past Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
cruiser97eric
Veteran Member

Default Delamar mine trip 02/22/09

That was a good and easy family oriented run. Most of the off-road trail was so smooth we had no trouble going 60+ mph with full street tire pressure. On the way back Brett and Rich almost got a chance to test ARB's claim that their bumpers can survive collisions with cows.

Here are my pics.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Last edited by cruiser97eric; 02-23-2009 at 01:51 PM.
cruiser97eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

Nice pictures Eric. Sorry I was unable to go on this one, but...there will be more to come.
What time did you all get back to Las Vegas?
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Scot45

I had a great time. The scenery was beautiful, and the history surrounding the mines was cool. I got home at about 7:30 and was beat!

Here are my pics.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570224644fShUvX
Scot45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
damaged110
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to damaged110

http://picasaweb.google.com/damaged110/TtoraDelamar#
i had a great time. i hope all of you guys had a great time.
i liked that almost every one brought there dogs that was cool. i just wish my dog was as frindly as all of yours. i am already looking for another ghost town to visit..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

Did you see or find any "ghosts"??
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
damaged110
Veteran Member

the only ghost i found was in my gas tank. it kept sucking it dry
Old 02-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
cruiser97eric
Veteran Member

I had a good time on this run, but I have to offer some constructive criticism for the good of future runs. The leader of the run ought to be able to communicate with everyone on the run who has a radio. That means ham radio and CB. As much as we would like everyone to have ham radio, the reality is NVTTORA doesn't make ham radio a requirement to participate in runs, so we can expect to always have some trucks with CB only.

On this particular run the leader had ham but not CB, and there were several trucks with CB only. In previous runs led by Robert I believe the leader only had CB while there might have been trucks with ham only. That's not a good situation and can easily be solved if Robert finally gets the ham ticket and Brett remembers to bring his " Yaesu CB" radio when leading a run.

Ok, I am off the soapbox now, back to scheduled programming.

Nice pics from Scot and Brett. I need to get a camera with a good telephoto lens.
cruiser97eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
crc
Veteran Member

Default Thanks for a good time

WE HAD A LOT OF FUN ON THIS TRIP. HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME, ONE OR BOTH OF US WILL HAVE GOTTEN SOME SLEEP. THANKS FOR TAKING US BRETT!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
MandAtaco
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to MandAtaco

This was a great trip, Andrea and I had a blast! Thanks go out to Brett and Rich for leading the way. Here is a link to some of our pics that we took.

Linky

Also wanted to thank you guys for stopping with me on the side of the road, and thanks to Rich for following me all the way home last night with no tail lights. I pulled the bumper as soon as I got home yesterday and started checking stuff, the bulls where good. The wiring harness for the rear of the truck runs up the drivers side of the frame then goes up into the rear of the bed cavity to the tail lights. Where the harness makes the turn and goes up to the light, it had rubbed through the wire loom and through only the wire for the tail lights. Go figure. Yesterday was probably the last straw for the wire. I'm honestly surprised that it didn't blow a fuse, it was the bed that cut its way through the wire? OH well, all is good now. Thanks again for the trip and the help yesterday!

Mike

01 Taco 3.4, Crawler, Lockers, and a lot of other stuff
04 4runner Limited V8, Lifted, that's about it
MandAtaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
damaged110
Veteran Member

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nv/delamar.html
here is a link to the delamar mines, a little history of the widow maker mine.
glad to here that you got the wires fixed.