t-100 oil pan - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association
     


Go Back   TTORA Forum > Rock Crawling Tech > Solid Axle Swap Parts Lists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
aztaco1
Senior Member
 
aztaco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 207
Default t-100 oil pan

Wheres the cheapest place to buy a t-100 oil pan. 2.7l if that matters. Im becoming broke and need the cheapest. This and the steering box is the last I need before cutting.
aztaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-02-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
CronusTRD
<null>
 
CronusTRD's Avatar
 
My Rig: 2010 Jeep YJ
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 1,805
Send a message via AIM to CronusTRD
Default

Check the Sponsors
__________________
2009 Tacoma
Badass Stock-Mod RCRocs YJ
Full Awn Moon Buggy on 40s
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztaco1
Wheres the cheapest place to buy a t-100 oil pan. 2.7l if that matters. Im becoming broke and need the cheapest. This and the steering box is the last I need before cutting.
Make sure you get ALL the parts!

12101-75060 (T100 2.7 oilpan)
11494-75010 (oil hole plate)
15104-75020 (pickup tube)
91651-60614 (6mm x 14mm bolt) (4 req'd)
15147-75020 (gasket)

You can get the side mount dip stick if you wish but it's not necessary. I used the stock front mount stick and it works fine. You just have to "re-calibrate" the hash marks.
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
hytenor
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
My Rig: '00 Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE
You can get the side mount dip stick if you wish but it's not necessary. I used the stock front mount stick and it works fine. You just have to "re-calibrate" the hash marks.
please elaborate
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
please elaborate
You mean the hash marks???
With the rear sump pan almost all the oil is in the back (what a surprise!!! ). With 5 quarts of oil in the pan it barely reaches the tip of the stick, even though there is plenty of oil for the engine. I also found out, from the local dealer, that the 2.7 T-100 pan holds 6 quarts, not 5. This at least puts the oil on the stick but the normal level actually reads at or around the low mark.
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
hytenor
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
My Rig: '00 Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE
You mean the hash marks???
With the rear sump pan almost all the oil is in the back (what a surprise!!! ). With 5 quarts of oil in the pan it barely reaches the tip of the stick, even though there is plenty of oil for the engine. I also found out, from the local dealer, that the 2.7 T-100 pan holds 6 quarts, not 5. This at least puts the oil on the stick but the normal level actually reads at or around the low mark.
cool, thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #7
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
cool, thanks.
My truck's due for an oil change. Hit me again from this thread in a day or two and I'll give you something a little more concrete.
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #8
Hunt4Steve
Senior Member
 
Hunt4Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Santa Fe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Hunt4Steve
Default

The cheapest place for these parts is:

http://www.discounttoyotaparts.com/

Put your OEM part numbers in, and you get the price and a little info. My local stealership wanted $156 for the T100 oil pan. These guys sell if for about $95 or so. Pretty good deal.
__________________
Hunt4Steve@Yahoo.com
Hunt4Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:41 PM   #9
hytenor
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
My Rig: '00 Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE
My truck's due for an oil change. Hit me again from this thread in a day or two and I'll give you something a little more concrete.
I'll see you at Takeover and pick your brain about your SAS
My plan is to basically duplicate The Dick's truck but with whatever updates and improvements I can find.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:22 AM   #10
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4Steve
The cheapest place for these parts is:

http://www.discounttoyotaparts.com/

Put your OEM part numbers in, and you get the price and a little info. My local stealership wanted $156 for the T100 oil pan. These guys sell if for about $95 or so. Pretty good deal.
LOL! Welcome to TTORA! If you check out the sponsors section, you will find that the webiste you are touting is one of the more expensive ones out there. One of the great benefits of TTORA is the ability to buy Toyota & TRD parts at Toyota employee pricing.

Try looking around a bit

www.toyotapartsales.com
12101-75060: $78.56
11494-75010: $13.64
15104-75020: $49.45
91651-60614: $0.68
15147-75020: $0.90
Total: $143.23

The other guy:
12101-75060: $83.06
11494-75010: $14.42
15104-75020: $52.28
91651-60614: $0.73
15147-75020: $0.95
Total: $151.44

Now, paying an additional 6% may not mean a lot to some people, but if you can save money & support a sponsor (and a member) who contributes to keeping this forum open, well- that's what it's all about.

Thanks for the opportunity to set the record straight.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:49 AM   #11
Hunt4Steve
Senior Member
 
Hunt4Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Santa Fe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Hunt4Steve
Talking

cool, another super resource.
__________________
Hunt4Steve@Yahoo.com
Hunt4Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #12
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

We're sharing the love one part at a time...
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #13
Bear
Veteran Member
 
Bear's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1997 Toyota Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: state of confusion
Posts: 11,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
We're sharing the love one part at a time...

And what kind of love are you sharing???? hopefully it's not that dirty kind that requires a prescription afterwards
__________________
BEAR
OVERKILL IS AN UNDERRATED ACHIEVEMENT

Originally Posted by abbott
remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #14
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear
And what kind of love are you sharing???? hopefully it's not that dirty kind that requires a prescription afterwards
No, it's not like when you got a fat bat in your ass in prison.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 PM   #15
grumpy
________________________
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztaco1
Wheres the cheapest place to buy a t-100 oil pan. 2.7l if that matters. Im becoming broke and need the cheapest. This and the steering box is the last I need before cutting.
I should have a steering box available soon. waiting for other one to get back fro mrework and being tapped
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #16
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
cool, thanks.
Hytenor,
I just did an oil change today. 6 quarts in the 2.7L T-100 pan brings the oil level right into the "normal" range, about 3/16" below the "full" mark on the Tacoma dipstick.
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS

Last edited by NUKE; 07-07-2005 at 03:40 PM.
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #17
hytenor
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
My Rig: '00 Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE
Hytenor,
I just did an oil change today. 6 quarts in the T-100 pan brings the oil level right into the "normal" range, about 3/16"-1/4" below the "full" mark on the Tacoma dipstick.
good to know, thanks. I'll pass this on to John (buckshot1) as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #18
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
LOL! Welcome to TTORA! If you check out the sponsors section, you will find that the webiste you are touting is one of the more expensive ones out there. One of the great benefits of TTORA is the ability to buy Toyota & TRD parts at Toyota employee pricing.

Try looking around a bit

www.toyotapartsales.com
12101-75060: $78.56
11494-75010: $13.64
15104-75020: $49.45
91651-60614: $0.68
15147-75020: $0.90
Total: $143.23

The other guy:
12101-75060: $83.06
11494-75010: $14.42
15104-75020: $52.28
91651-60614: $0.73
15147-75020: $0.95
Total: $151.44

Now, paying an additional 6% may not mean a lot to some people, but if you can save money & support a sponsor (and a member) who contributes to keeping this forum open, well- that's what it's all about.

Thanks for the opportunity to set the record straight.
Uhh, Chris...
I paid less than that from the local dealer...and he isn't a TTORA sponsor.

12101-75060 - $72.55 (T100 2.7 oilpan)
11494-75010 - $11.89 (oil hole plate)
15104-75020 - $43.05 (strainer)
91651-60614 - $.60 (6mm x 14mm bolt)
15147-75020 - $.80 (gasket)

TOTAL $130.69
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #19
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
I'll see you at Takeover and pick your brain about your SAS
My plan is to basically duplicate The Dick's truck but with whatever updates and improvements I can find.
Looking forward to it!
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #20
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE
Uhh, Chris...
I paid less than that from the local dealer...and he isn't a TTORA sponsor.

12101-75060 - $72.55 (T100 2.7 oilpan)
11494-75010 - $11.89 (oil hole plate)
15104-75020 - $43.05 (strainer)
91651-60614 - $.60 (6mm x 14mm bolt)
15147-75020 - $.80 (gasket)

TOTAL $130.69
LOL! No wonder he can't afford to sponsor TTORA! You also know you've got an extraordinary hook-up there... as employees we pay 15% over (which is what I do for TTORA), and he's selling to you at about 7% over. If he'll sell to everybody at that price that'd be great... ask him, I'll gladly step aside.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:11 AM   #21
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
LOL! No wonder he can't afford to sponsor TTORA! You also know you've got an extraordinary hook-up there... as employees we pay 15% over (which is what I do for TTORA), and he's selling to you at about 7% over. If he'll sell to everybody at that price that'd be great... ask him, I'll gladly step aside.
I do have a pretty good rapport with these people.

What kind of price can you quote for a Rt. Rr. 1/4 panel (the side of the bed)? The MSRP is around $750, I believe. I'd like to see if they can match or beat your price.
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:31 AM   #22
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

huh? You've got the hookup of a lifetime- be loyal to him. Besides, the shipping (I wouldn't ship it anyways) would kill any savings.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #23
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
huh? You've got the hookup of a lifetime- be loyal to him. Besides, the shipping (I wouldn't ship it anyways) would kill any savings.
LOL!!! I was just curious how much you would sell one for.
Apparently, from what you've told me, I do have a good parts connection, I'll be loyal as long as they treat me well. It never hurts to "hedge" a little though.

The service dept. is pretty good here too, good staff and very friendly.

The sales staff, however, that's a whole 'nuther story! These are the people who REFUSED to order my truck simply because I wanted the e-locker as a stand alone option.
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #24
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE
The sales staff, however, that's a whole 'nuther story!
Unfortunately, very typical....
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #25
NUKE
Senior Member
 
NUKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
Unfortunately, very typical....
Surely not?!?!?
I mean, these people were BAD!!!!! They were so bent on NOT selling me what I wanted, they even tried to sell me a used Tacoma!!! The sales manager actually no-shit DARED me to go somewhere else! Needless to say, I did... When the truck came in, of course the first place I went was to this dealership. The parts manager (she was cute!!!) asked me if that was "the truck". I replied, in a voice loud enough for the whole showroom to hear, "Yes, that's the truck Mitch REFUSED to order!"

Needless to say, Mitch doesn't work there anymore.

With sales staff like that it's no wonder Toyota can't get a bigger share of the market!
__________________

LIBERATE TU TEMET EX INFERIS
NUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #26
malodin
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4
Default

just an update, just tried toyotapartssales.com there prices went up

or at least i dont know how to get the ttora discount, i went there via the sponsors link.

12101-75060 - $72.55 (T100 2.7 oilpan)
11494-75010 - $11.89 (oil hole plate)
15104-75020 - $43.05 (strainer)
91651-60614 - $.60 (6mm x 14mm bolt)
15147-75020 - $.80 (gasket)

new prices respectivly
$81.33
$14.15
$51.13
$0.79
$0.93
malodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 AM   #27
Valkyrie
Cracker
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,646
Default

If you simply let us know you are a TTORA member you will recieve an additional discount when we process your order.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #28
Scretagent
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 63
Question Need some info bout oil pan swap

I'm doing a SAS swap on a Tacoma with the 2.4 L. Anyone have any solution on doing an oil pan swap on this. Ive been checking around but have come up empty-handed.
Scretagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #29
hytenor
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
My Rig: '00 Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scretagent
I'm doing a SAS swap on a Tacoma with the 2.4 L. Anyone have any solution on doing an oil pan swap on this. Ive been checking around but have come up empty-handed.
good luck...never been done, to my knowledge.

if the 2.4 and 2.7 share the same block (and thus, the same pans) you may be ok but if not you may be in trouble.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #30
Scretagent
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Well thats what I was hoping but even the oil pan gasket has a different part number. I guess custom fabbing is the only option.....
Scretagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Louder engine ticking w/ Mobile 1 vs. Dino Oil 03trdblack Early Tacoma Tech 18 06-23-2005 09:36 AM
2005 oil change 4l V6 Toastman Early Tacoma Tech 8 06-10-2005 07:10 AM
Oil pan and brake calipers snwbdr Wanted 3 05-17-2005 05:54 PM
Oil Pan Leak larc68 Performance/Engine/Exhaust 4 03-15-2005 09:21 AM
T-100 oil pan? Mr. Frodoe Rock Buggy/Truggy Builds 5 03-06-2005 05:19 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.