hard start in hot sun only??????? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > New Members Area > Newbie Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
allfaup1

Default hard start in hot sun only???????

posted in wrong section earlier!! like it says my 2001 tacoma 3.4 motor 5spd truck starts then sputters and eventually dies after the truck sits in the hot sun aprox 88-90 degrees. if its in the garage or shady cool area no problem. could drive 4whelin and engine get kinda hot turn it off and start it up no problem. only if it sit in the sun for a while. WTF???? no trouble codes, cleaned maf it was a little dusty did not have a chance to see if that was the problem yet it has been raining it has the trd 2nd gen S/C and the whole urd 7th injector kit.Another problem i had with urd under drive pulley was sometimes under load truck would sputter and jerk pretty violently i would pull off highway turn truck off and start again and it would be fine. 1 time it did it and i kept feathering gas pedal and backfired threw off S/C belt and then it ran fine. Its almost as if someone is sitting in the hood playing with main pwr wire. all wire connectins R good. think something to do with piggy back computer from urd when truck is boosting?? could be related to first problem?? ever since i put back stock pulley its fine. was runing under drive pulley for 8 monts no prob til now?? can anyone give me a direction to look in???? WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT !!! If not i will pull entire supercharger and go TURBO!!!
allfaup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
allfaup1

check out my album posted some pics. took me a while not very computer friendly. only welder friendly. HAHA or so i think111 LATERZ
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
NorcalPR
NorCal Chapter Pres

My Rig: SAS'd 01 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to NorcalPR

What did you clean the MAF with?

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
NorcalPR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
allfaup1

A ZEP brand of electrical contact cleaner!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
79coyotefrg
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfaup1 View Post
check out my album posted some pics. took me a while not very computer friendly. only welder friendly. HAHA or so i think111 LATERZ
wow, so like DUDE can U like post a link to UR thred

and are you like 16 ??
79coyotefrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
ThunderOne
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79coyotefrg View Post
wow, so like DUDE can U like post a link to UR thred

and are you like 16 ??
he was being sarcastic and he was making fun of the way people tend to talk on the internet. apparently you didn't catch that.

God bless America! (..Please...!!)
ROLL TIDE! 2009, 2011 & 2012 BCS CHAMPIONS!
ThunderOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
79coyotefrg
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderOne View Post
he was being sarcastic and he was making fun of the way people tend to talk on the internet. apparently you didn't catch that.
oops NEVER MIND
Old 07-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
NorcalPR
NorCal Chapter Pres

My Rig: SAS'd 01 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to NorcalPR

Quote:
A ZEP brand of electrical contact cleaner!
It wouldn't be a bad idea to look through the FSM on how to test the MAF. You may have destroyed it and it's not telling the difference between cool weather and hot weather

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
NorcalPR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
allfaup1

Thanks all for the help and no thanks for THE WISE ASS REMARKS !!!!!. now that being said. someone told me earlier to try and clean the MAF so i did and did not have the chance to park my truck in the sun because it has been raining in HAWAII. Also the problem has been there before i tryed cleaning the MAF. It just started happening more often in the hot sun for some reason. I appreciate your help and i guess some people can HUMOR me with your DUMB remarks!!!!!! (79coyotefrg)
Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
Rob in AK

Send a message via AIM to Rob in AK

Quote:
Thanks all for the help and no thanks for THE WISE ASS REMARKS !!!!!. now that being said. someone told me earlier to try and clean the MAF so i did and did not have the chance to park my truck in the sun because it has been raining in HAWAII. Also the problem has been there before i tryed cleaning the MAF. It just started happening more often in the hot sun for some reason. I appreciate your help and i guess some people can HUMOR me with your DUMB remarks!!!!!! (79coyotefrg)
Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's only the internet.
265/75/16 BFG AT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
If a warm canteloupe could cook biscuits, I'd never have gotten married.
Rob in AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
79coyotefrg
Veteran Member

Quote:
yea whatever, and i still dont see a link to this "album"

Quote:
check out my album posted some pics.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
ThunderOne
Veteran Member

fight! fight! fight!

God bless America! (..Please...!!)
ROLL TIDE! 2009, 2011 & 2012 BCS CHAMPIONS!
ThunderOne is offline   Reply With Quote