Broken Lojack Alarm Button on 2005 Tacoma Acces Cab - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Interior/Electrical/Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
geo2199

Default Broken Lojack Alarm Button on 2005 Tacoma Acces Cab

I did try to search but nothing came up. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tacoma pre-runner access cab. About two nights ago I was trying to push the button on my lojack alarm in to arm it that way it can let out an audible alarm if it is tampered with and it just fell back into the dash. The button is located just to the right of the fog light switch. Now my question is how do you detach the lower gray colored part of the dash under the steering wheel to reach it and push it back through the hole?

And excuse the quality of the pics, but it was taken from my cell phone in a pretty dark garage. The first pic is off where the button is supposed to stick out.
The second pic is of how the button is now in the hole in the dash.
And the last pic is of the grey part of the dash i want to remove in order to reach the button so i can push it back through the hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken button 1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	19298   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken button 2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	19299   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken button 3.jpg
Views:	127