How to fit 35" tires?? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Tundra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
HUNTER_SLLRS

Default How to fit 35" tires??

i have a 2000 tundra that i would like to be able to fit 35's under. what is the best way to go about this???how much lift?? i would like to fit 35's cause that is also my goal for my 85 pickup and i would like to be able to have spares. in case of a emergancy.......couple flats on a trail. . i have searched but didn't get a real good answer..thanks
still in pieces,welded rear, 4" lift springs in front, yj fuel tank, chevy's in rear.. have the doubler and high steer (sold)
HUNTER_SLLRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
dyogim
Veteran Member

The RCD 6" lift allows for 35" tires. Otherwise, if you want to keep the lift minimal, to maybe 3"-4", you'll be needing some trimming in the front and possibly a wheel with less backspacing (I'm thinking 2"-3" at most backspacing. If you go lower than 2" you'll be putting a lot more stress on the wheel bearings and other components) to clear the frame and UCA's.

Check with member devensixtyseven, I believe he's been able to fit 35"s on his rig.
SFA '00 Toyota Tundra V8(#5)
dyogim.blogspot.com
dyogim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

Fit how? Sounds like you're not shy in the garage, if you have an 85 you're building...

First option is the drop bracket...personally I wouldn't go that route, but many have, works fine. More belly clearance than the next option, but you gotta choose between spotting the support bars through the rocks, or considering the torque on the frame of an unsupported drop bracket.

Then there's the coilover/spacer/whatever plus a body lift...that's less expensive, works fine as well. Same clearance everywhere as stock plus two inches from the tires.

IMHO the best solution involves a couple cutting tools and a welder. You can pull the fenders, take care of everything, put it back together with some Herculiner in the wheel well, and it'll look stock but with 35" tires. You'll also tear the screws right out of the fender flares when you flex .

You'll need 16x8 wheels with 3.5" backspacing or so, to keep the tires from rubbing the frame. I ran 16x8@4.5, with 1.5" wheel spacers, for years, on and offroad.

Add fiberglass fenders, trim them back about an inch, and you'll have no problems clearing the tires.

Looks about like this when you're done.

You won't need any lift, but I found the best ride height was about 3" over stock, with a set of uniball upper arms. Get the Camburg arms. Wish I had. That oughtta give 5" up, 5" down, and keep the truck off the bumpstops when you come down ledges or hit the bigger g-outs and chunks on the trail.

Add a basic LT kit and it only gets 2" wider, cuz you can lose the wheel spacers up front, and everything fits great.

-Sean
Old 07-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
riseagainst88

My Rig: 2003 Taco

That van looks sick, your trundra is nice the BTW
Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
HUNTER_SLLRS

so who makes a good 3" lift or will rough country's 2.5" leveling kit work?.... i can get rough country realy cheap through work thats y i use them...
still in pieces,welded rear, 4" lift springs in front, yj fuel tank, chevy's in rear.. have the doubler and high steer (sold)
HUNTER_SLLRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
motochain
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to motochain

I've got the tuff country 5" w/ new spindles running 35's.

IFS--->D60, one of these days....

'03 T4R
motochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Quentin18

Sean your tundra is the envy of what i want mine to be more like lol
heres a write up of seans he did a at tundra solutions that might help some
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/133204-post6/
Quentin18 is offline   Reply With Quote