Fair price for Dunlop AT20's? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Colorado > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Dobish

Default Fair price for Dunlop AT20's?

I found a set of 4 for $100, and they only have 5000 miles on them. I was thinkng about picking them up for spares but wasn't sure. They are the same tire i have on my truck right now and I haven't really noticed that they are that bad yet. I know a lot of people don't really like that tire, but for the price, should i do it?
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
colorado125
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorado125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobish View Post
I found a set of 4 for $100, and they only have 5000 miles on them. I was thinkng about picking them up for spares but wasn't sure. They are the same tire i have on my truck right now and I haven't really noticed that they are that bad yet. I know a lot of people don't really like that tire, but for the price, should i do it?
No experience with that tire, but thats really not a bad price, especially for spares. For $25 a piece I'd do it. Even to run them normally that's a heck of a deal for tires. I'd say even a POS set of tires would run you at least 75 a tire.
2002 Dcab, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's on FJ80 rims, full OME suspension, 1" body lift, TRD Exhaust, SC, and Trans cooler, ARB Bullbar, SleeOffroad sliders, future is gears, front locker and cbi Fab rear bumper
colorado125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
acidchylde

Those tires run about $120 each new. I'm currently asking $200-$250 for my set of five with 17k on the four main, but then I may be asking too much. I've also had someone offer me $150 for the four mains.

Despite all the bad reviews of them, particularly in wet or snow conditions, I've never had a problem with mine even under some pretty severe conditions. After 17k they've only lost about 3/32 of tread and still have 8+ left. I will mention that the last guy to come look at them said the reviews he read had them start wearing a lot faster at around 20k or something, and their warranty is only 40k. He was looking at reviews of them on last gen Tundras though.

I guess if you've got the storage space and/or drive a lot of miles, it's a good deal and go for it. But if you don't need them right now or soon... well, they are stock. They may not come up at that price very often, but they'll probably always be available.