trail rig insurance - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Ohio > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
99TanTaco
Veteran Member

Default trail rig insurance

just curious as to what you guys do

I went with full coverage on mine as it was not that much more than just liability but my issue is say that my truck were to be stolen or totaled the amount they would give me would be significantly less than what I have into my truck or could replace it for

I asked about a stated value policy and he seemed confused but then called me back with a example of my truck being valued at $5000 (personally I'd have it closer to 4) it would run me $420 per 6 month in addition to regular insurance obviously I'm not gonna go that route but curious to see what others do
99TanTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
simple4runner

Liability only.
simple4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
NEV2DEP
Front Wheel Drive Mall Crawler

I had full coverage on the Taco + a $7K rider to cover some of the after market parts. We I was planning to plate and drive the new Toy I put liability on it. A few weeks ago I called my agent to inform him that plans changed and now it wasn't going to see street use. I wanted to put fire & theft only on it. They wouldn't do it so right now I got nothing.

85 Toyota Pickup Mall Crawler with some goodies
06 Dodge Ram 1500 YEAH It's got a Hemi!
08 Harley Davidson Nightster
00 Taco turned into man hole covers

Greatest Rock Garden Ever! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mloA3PSVYQ
NEV2DEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
head
Mr. President

Send a message via AIM to head

I had liability on mine. I just went to cancel it for the winter and they told me they have a policy for people that don't drive their cars in the winter. It is basically only fire and theft. I went that route since it only adds $5 a month to my current policy. Come summer, I may go back to liability, not sure though.

You may want to look into the collector car insurances. Or switching insurance companies. I have liberty mutual and only pay $54.34 a month for full coverage on my duramax, liability on my wifes sunfire, and fire/theft on the trail rig.

1984 Pickup Extended Cab - Trail Rig
Locked F/R, 4.88's, 37's, Hi-steer, Twin stick, Dual cases, Flatbed

1986 4runner - e-locker, 4.56's, 31's
1986 Pickup Extended Cab - Work in progress
2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 - Tow Rig
2004 Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 TRD 4X4 - SOLD

Blue Ribbon Coalition #51205
PhotoBucket Page
OHTTORA
head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
captain insano

I have full coverage on my DD and when I added the zuk for liability it lowered my rates due to multicar discount.
captain insano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
lifted98

Do you have a certain kind of insurance to cover anything that would happen on the trail? I have full coverage insurance on the 4Runner but have often wondered if I could add something to cover it when offroad too. Also, once I get a DD, I wanna change the insurance on the 4Runner. A guy at work has a Expedition with highrail gear on it and it only gets driven about 4,000 miles a year and most of it is on the railroad so he gets discounted insurance.

Exterior: TRD Tacoma wheels painted black, Spidertrax spacers, 20% Tint, Coleman Safari Rack, clear corner lenses, custom dents
Interior: Alpine CDA-9883, Polk MOMO 6.5", Infinity Reference 5.25", Memphis 16-STT150 2 channel amp, custom mud, Cobra ST WX II
Offroad: OME 3" lift (881/890), 1" diff. drop from Toytec, Tacoma whip antenna, extended rear diff breather, gray wire mod, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's
lifted98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
99TanTaco
Veteran Member

haven't ever done anything to cover trail damage, I learn to live with the dents
I'm gonna guess that type of coverage (if even available) would be pretty pricey

at this point my only insurance concern would be if my rig got stolen the check from the insurance co would not even be large enough to cover the cost of 4 tires let alone replacing the whole truck but given the odds of my truck getting stolen vs the cost of a stated value policy I'll take the risk
99TanTaco is offline   Reply With Quote