Tacoma OME lift - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Suspension
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
mck419
Veteran Member

Default Tacoma OME lift

I cant deal with my lame spacer lift anymore. Im almost ready to pull the trigger on my OME lift.
90000 Nitrocharger sport front shock
886 coil set
Dakar leaf pack+bushing kit
N182 rear shock set
Ubolt set
What's missing? Do I need extended brake lines or shims for the drive line? Any constructive input would be great.

'07 TACOMA 4x4
RelentlessFab--Warn--Icon--RuffStuff--OME--Wheelers--Flowmaster--4xInnovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppositeboy View Post
I'm short, fat, have a small penis and a hairy back.
mck419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
taco4x4rar
Veteran Member

My Rig: 06 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to taco4x4rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck419 View Post
I cant deal with my lame spacer lift anymore. Im almost ready to pull the trigger on my OME lift.
90000 Nitrocharger sport front shock
886 coil set
Dakar leaf pack+bushing kit
N182 rear shock set
Ubolt set
What's missing? Do I need extended brake lines or shims for the drive line? Any constructive input would be great.
You need brake lines. Thats about it. I wouldn't get the 886 unless you have a hefty bumper up front though. 885 would be a better choice for the average weight truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecwboy View Post
I'm still a homo!
http://toyotaoff-road.com/
Randy
2006 Tacoma x-cab 12" bobbed bed and the usual 3" lift with a locked rear and a lot of broken parts. Dana 44 soon
1992 Chevy C-1500 swapped D60/14bolt 454 and th400 (wrecked it)
taco4x4rar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
johnecon2001
Tiny red truck

After having 884's on my access cab and watching them sag, I would recommend 885's for the access cab and 886's for the double cab with no bumper/winch. If you're adding those two things, I'd look into something else.

I'd add bump stops and brake lines to the list. Since you're already getting longer u-bolts you may as well do the flip kit.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
hrtbrk1
Veteran Member

get the brake line for sure. other than that i think your set
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
mck419
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
You need brake lines. Thats about it. I wouldn't get the 886 unless you have a hefty bumper up front though. 885 would be a better choice for the average weight truck.
I plan on an ARB bumper/ warn winch within the next six months.
will the ride be to much to handle with the 886"s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
After having 884's on my access cab and watching them sag, I would recommend 885's for the access cab and 886's for the double cab with no bumper/winch. If you're adding those two things, I'd look into something else.

I'd add bump stops and brake lines to the list. Since you're already getting longer u-bolts you may as well do the flip kit.
Im having a hard time with the price tag on the bump stops. Wheelers is the cheapest I see. Anyone have experience with these bumpstops?

'07 TACOMA 4x4
RelentlessFab--Warn--Icon--RuffStuff--OME--Wheelers--Flowmaster--4xInnovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppositeboy View Post
I'm short, fat, have a small penis and a hairy back.
mck419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
DrRabbitFurHead

Are the brake lines NEEDED or just nice to have?
Donohoe Racing Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Drakars, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto Terra Grapplers (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Al. Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Rear Timbren's, U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Axel Shims, Wet Okoles, Borla A/F, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift (tons of accessories), Tacoma Bed Mat, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901.
& REQUIRED!!!
DrRabbitFurHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Ebruddah
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Ebruddah

Quote:

Im having a hard time with the price tag on the bump stops. Wheelers is the cheapest I see. Anyone have experience with these bumpstops?
Hold off till you get your bumper if you go the OME route. I ran with no bumper on my 886s for 6 months and absolutely destroyed my stock upper ball joints. I also went from spacers to OME and the spacer lift didn't do the ball joints any good either. I ran stock UCAs for another year after I got my bumper and finally went to to Total Chaos UCAs. To be honest, I'm lucky I'm not in a coffin because those ball joints were done ages ago!

2005 Tacoma V6 SR5 - 4WD AC TRD Off Road - 6 Speed M/T: ARB Bull Bar, SuperWinch 9.0 EPI, Total Chaos UCAs, IVD Coilovers, OME rear shocks & Dakars, Optima YT, Yaesu FT-2800, Cobra 29, BudBuilt IFS Skids, 285/75/16 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar on MB Wheels 72s, All-Pro Sliders & rear bumper, 10 lb. PowerTank with HPX Regulator
Ebruddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
johnecon2001
Tiny red truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
Are the brake lines NEEDED or just nice to have?
Your stock ones turn into limit straps when fully flexed. Its not a good feeling to know you just ripped your brake lines in half when you flexed out the rear axle.

Quote:

I have the super bumps on the front. They do what they're supposed to do.