Will 07 4runner wheels and tires fit my 98 4runner? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Tires/Wheels
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
The Grayt 1

Default Will 07 4runner wheels and tires fit my 98 4runner?

A guy has 4) stock Toyota 4Runner 17" alloy wheels with Michelin 265/70R17 tires for sale in good shape. He said they need valve stems though. Will they fit my 98 4 runner? Also will putting larger rims on there mess up the reading on my odometer or speedometer?

The Grayt 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
markzeronine

Send a message via AIM to markzeronine

lol such a lazy tech.. they could have easily thrown in cheap plastic valve stems while they had the bead broken to slip the TPMS out..

I don't know about these specific wheels so I won't give you b/s answers, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit, they will just sit a little further inside your fenders than the oem wheels.

also your speedometer won't be affected if the over tire/wheel combo diameter stays the same. if you get 17'' wheels with a lower profile sidewall then it will just equal out

if the overall diameter is bigger than before, yeah your speedometer is going to read a little slower than you are actually going.

Previous: 96 SingleCab V6 5-Speed
Current: 01 ExCab Long Travel TRD
markzeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
The Grayt 1

The tires have about 50% tread left. He said he will sell me them for $325. Theya re clean wheels. Does this sound like a good deal?

The Grayt 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
T-Hunt

Default wheels

I ran that same set up on my 98 4runner ...had to run a 1" wheel spacer to clear the uca ...
LIMITED 4RUNNER WHEELS & DURATRACS 265/75/16
T-Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote