Decided on my lift, 3" Pro Comp , but will these tires work.... - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Late Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Wizzard005

Send a message via AIM to Wizzard005 Send a message via MSN to Wizzard005 Send a message via Yahoo to Wizzard005
Default Decided on my lift, 3" Pro Comp , but will these tires work....

Aloha all,

After much reading online about lifts I have decided to keep it simple. We dont have crazy wheeling out here and if i ever move back to the mainland I will be going SAS, so for now to get a little lift and nicer tires I have decided to go with the following:

Pro Comp 3" Lift with add-a-leafs

Question about tires tho.....

We wheel on the beach, so we have to air down, that being said, if i go with a 18" rim and 33" tire, do you think it will be ok running around 15LBS when on the sand....

Don't want to DE-bead a tire...

This is what i am looking at:

- 3" lift kit
- Add-a-leaf rear spring for an extra 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the rear
- Pro Comp rear shock absorbers
- Upgraded strut valved for this truck
- New front coil spring to increase spring rate
- Black grille overlay
- Side steps
- 18" KMC Rockstar Wheel
- 33" Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain Tires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQtE2mX1LBI

Greg
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
http://wizzard005.smugmug.com
Wizzard005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
gotblika

How much does that lift kit cost?
gotblika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
Wizzard005

Send a message via AIM to Wizzard005 Send a message via MSN to Wizzard005 Send a message via Yahoo to Wizzard005

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotblika View Post
How much does that lift kit cost?

Less then 500 my cost i can buy direct

Greg
Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
kala

18x9.5 with 33x13.50 iroks=perfect for beach cruising.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Shrimp Taco

I have that kit. Love it. procomp exp.
Shrimp Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
Land Pirates Off Road
Veteran Member

My Rig: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
Less then 500 my cost i can buy direct
So what is the price if you do not mind me asking. Is it part number K5075B ?
Just wondering how direct it is. We are dealers for Pro-Comp and are always interested in what the kits are going for else where. We know what we can advertise at... and what we can sell at to a privet person.

It is a LOT cheaper than running a LT kit that is for sure.

As for tires... We do not go below 20 psi unless you have bead locks... But that is us.

https://www.facebook.com/LandPiratesOffRoad
Landpiratesoffroad.com
Land Pirates Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
KTMrider

The smaller the rim the more sidewall you have for airing down and the cheaper the tires. I would get 16s but thats just me, In all sand I run 12 in the front and 8 in the rear and I have never had a problem.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #8
Wizzard005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Pirates Off Road View Post
So what is the price if you do not mind me asking. Is it part number K5075B ?
Just wondering how direct it is. We are dealers for Pro-Comp and are always interested in what the kits are going for else where. We know what we can advertise at... and what we can sell at to a privet person.

It is a LOT cheaper than running a LT kit that is for sure.

As for tires... We do not go below 20 psi unless you have bead locks... But that is us.
3 inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks

Your Price: $399.99 + shipping

Greg
Old 09-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Land Pirates Off Road
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
3 inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks

Your Price: $399.99 + shipping
Great price! We can only beat that by a little bit! As for the rims... We used to recommend 16 inch... now we recommend 17 inch. Everyone (tire manufactures) is going to that size for off road racing. Most race wheels are only available in 15 and 17 inch sizes now as well. Air pressure you will have to play with. We run too hard to run super low pressure. We have also found that the bead lip on a Method wheel is really hard to beat. Holds our tires on the best so far other than bead locks. We have not had a set of Pro-Comp wheels in years so maybe they have boosted their inner lip. For the price though, we end up selling Method Race wheels though with out the bead locks. Now they have a inner lip! Damn strong wheel too!
What KTMrider said though really rings true! We run a 8.5 inch rim with a 12 inch tire... helps keep that tire in place and helps protect the rim from side wall hits!

Landpiratesoffroad.com
Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
Oswego

Stupid question but doesn't that pro-comp lift kit come with 720# springs? Unless your running a plate bumper, skids, and sliders your going to be looking at 3"-4" + of lift and that's no good for CV's if your actually going to be using them.

I know a couple guys running pro comp lifts that like them, but I know many more people who have issues and complain about the bone jarring ride.
Oswego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
Land Pirates Off Road
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Stupid question but doesn't that pro-comp lift kit come with 720# springs? Unless your running a plate bumper, skids, and sliders your going to be looking at 3"-4" + of lift and that's no good for CV's if your actually going to be using them.

I know a couple guys running pro comp lifts that like them, but I know many more people who have issues and complain about the bone jarring ride.
Yep... While they make some great stuff, if you drive a certain way, we recommend ARB or Bilstein first for the less expensive lifts and Total Chaos and King Racing if you want the best. But that is just our opinion.

Landpiratesoffroad.com
Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
toyfrog

Greg sweet looking 2012!!!!! I will be getting mine in late Dec. early Jan. what size lift is on your and the wheel tire combo? From one Greg to another Thanks.
toyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
Wizzard005

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyfrog View Post
Greg sweet looking 2012!!!!! I will be getting mine in late Dec. early Jan. what size lift is on your and the wheel tire combo? From one Greg to another Thanks.
I ended up going with fabtech. They did the truck for next to nothing, so i sent it to them and this is what they did to it:

Greg
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
patdeal

Wizard005... are those pics of your truck with everything that u had listed at the beginning of this forum? 3 inch pro comp with 33s on 18s? If so looks great and im going with that.
patdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #15
SampleFool

This dude has sold his truck, and I doubt he lingers around here anymore.
SampleFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #16
Wizzard005

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdeal View Post
Wizard005... are those pics of your truck with everything that u had listed at the beginning of this forum? 3 inch pro comp with 33s on 18s? If so looks great and im going with that.

hi guys I'm still here actually I'm in the middle of moving back to Northern California and will be picking up another Tacoma by summer anyways umm the truck listed here I ended up installing 6 inch fabtech with Fabtech coil overs
and custom-made rear leaf springs the trucks at about 9 inches in that picture new truck is going to be solid axle just deciding on if I want to get a new truck or 2010 plus

Greg