Pressing wheel bearings at home update - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Early Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
yotaboy04

My Rig: 2000 single cab 4x4
Default Pressing wheel bearings at home update/how to

Well took a few days had issue with the parts from the dealer. Sorry don't have any pics but figured I would describe how we pressed the wheel bearings at home without any SST or home made SST. Just need a press, then we used 2 1/2" steel plates long enough to reach across your press.

Tried to press the first one cold but wouldn't budge so had to do a little heating with the torch (didn't even try and press 2nd without heating). you can then take and set the backing plat the solid metal piece with the studs up on the metal plates (outside the studs so they the studs and axle are sitting between the plates), that way all the pressure is on that solid piece....press the axle and with a little umpth she'll pop right out. To press in the new ones, you flip it all set your plates up vertical, plates are just big enough to catch the retainer (so you have slid the plates in between the studs and the retainer will sit right on the plates and you can press it right in.

Maybe that makes sense if not let me know maybe I can clarify
yotaboy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
FrostTaco

Send a message via MSN to FrostTaco

Try adding some pics and a step by step. other wise your just trying to lead the blind.
FrostTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
yotaboy04

My Rig: 2000 single cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostTaco View Post
Try adding some pics and a step by step. other wise your just trying to lead the blind.
Sounds good I'll see what I can put together.
yotaboy04 is offline   Reply With Quote