TTORA member in Baja 1000 - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Desert Tech > Desert Wheelin' and Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Karnage

My Rig: 2011 Tundra Rock War
Default TTORA member in Baja 1000

from www.race-dezert.com

"Team Donahoe has made some modifications to the 2004 Stock Mini Champion, and has been re-tooled for the 7-open class. The Tacoma will still be running off-the-shelf Donahoe Racing suspension components. Donahoe’s Co-pilot off the line will be the “Golden Ticket” winner from Tacoma Territory, who won a ride for the first 200 miles of this legendary race. Dylan Evans, Donahoe Racing’s R & D Engineer and Kyle Williams, crew chief, will also take up some driving duties in the Toyota. "

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15756

We also have a socal member, Chris Solis running his tube and 'glass truck in the 1000 also. I cant get the weatherman here at work so im not sure how hes doing. Wish him luck.

Resurrecting Old Project
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160787
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
drabnor
Home Grown Tacoma

My Rig: 2000 Tacoma
Talking

i saw that ford when i was there and it is so slick its not even funny

can you say 4.5" bypass shocks! fukin a they were huge!

TBH IE division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Did you read any part of the reply that just took me 10 mins to search for and write?
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
I know I hate having to poke my wire into such a tight hole...
mike
drabnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
equin
Veteran Member

What about ESB Fab? Isn't that Mike Kim and a guy Ryan (Bonzen)? I remember Mike Kim (BADASSTACO) frequenting the board from the old days in 99/00 with his tricked out black Tacoma. Anyway, are they racing the Baja 1000 this year?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
equin
Veteran Member

Oh, and there's also Kevin H., Jason H.'s brother of Fireguys Racing. Kevin (ToyPrerunr) used to drive a white Tacoma (although I think he got a Tundra or a new 05 Tacoma, not sure which). Anyway, Fireguys Racing races an older IFS pre-Tacoma Toyota pickup, and Kevin H. usually chases for them. But I don't know if Fireguys Racing is racing the Baja 1000 this year.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #5
mikesdoublecab
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to mikesdoublecab

chris solis aka shroom52 is my wife's cousin and i think he teamed up with mike kim to build that taco... they are runnin baja right now but have no idea how they are doin either right now... sure wish i coulda gotten time off work to go down...
Old 11-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
x0ffr0adtac0x

he teamed up with long beach races, and truck is running some pretty cool graphics
x0ffr0adtac0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #7
Half Baked Taco
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by equin
What about ESB Fab? Isn't that Mike Kim and a guy Ryan (Bonzen)? I remember Mike Kim (BADASSTACO) frequenting the board from the old days in 99/00 with his tricked out black Tacoma. Anyway, are they racing the Baja 1000 this year?
The ESB truck is not racing the Baja Mil. Yes, Mike had the black Tacoma and switching driving privledges w/ Chris.

He was even cutting up the dance floor getting his boogie on Thursday night after Contingency LOL <----- If this was TMI (because of sponser obligations) it was not Mike "Ivan" Kim and team at all. Just look alikes
Half Baked Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
equin
Veteran Member

So how did Mike and Chris do? With a "tube and glass" truck, were they in Class 7?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:02 AM   #9
Baja Belk
Veteran Member

Quote:
So how did Mike and Chris do? With a "tube and glass" truck, were they in Class 7?
No they raced Sportsman Truck. According to the official results there was only 1 finisher in that class and it wasn't them, but I don't know what happened. Here's my report:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...882#post230882

Last edited by BajaRnr12; 11-21-2005 at 01:05 AM.
Baja Belk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:19 AM   #10
equin
Veteran Member

Just read your report - sounds like you had quite an adventure. Congrats on finishing the 1000 and all the other SCORE races.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #11
boylem002
Coastie

Send a message via Yahoo to boylem002

My writeup is here:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ad.php?t=21013
boylem002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 PM   #12
x0ffr0adtac0x

Quote:

they dnf'd

click the lin to find out more info

Shrooms report
Old 11-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #13
DesertTRD
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD

To Clear the records here

1. ESB Mike and Mike Kim are two differnet people, Mike kim works for king shocks and does fabrication, ESB Mike is owner of ESB Fabrications and races/fabs on Kung Fu, todate Kung Fu has not done any SCORE Racing but is planned in the future.

2. Chris Solis (shroom52) is the owner of the 1505 race truck known as Leane. Leane has only raced Sportsman Classes.

3. Chris has teamed up with the Long Beach Racers, Blue C Communications, Monster, Camburg and many other sponsors, they have been a great help to the Team and to the sport.

4. Mike Kim and Chris Solis did not finish the race, they were splitting driving duties and hosting different codrivers this race, they only got to mike 315 before timing out after getting stuck a few times in the Maetomy Wash.
DesertTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #14
DesertTRD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Oh, and there's also Kevin H., Jason H.'s brother of Fireguys Racing. Kevin (ToyPrerunr) used to drive a white Tacoma (although I think he got a Tundra or a new 05 Tacoma, not sure which). Anyway, Fireguys Racing races an older IFS pre-Tacoma Toyota pickup, and Kevin H. usually chases for them. But I don't know if Fireguys Racing is racing the Baja 1000 this year.
Fireguys didnt race and kevin still has his old white truck its only in peices... he hasnt bought any new trucks since then.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #15
x0ffr0adtac0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
Fireguys didnt race and kevin still has his old white truck its only in peices... he hasnt bought any new trucks since then.
read about ur shower in gas
Old 11-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #16
boylem002
Coastie

Send a message via Yahoo to boylem002

Quote:
before timing out after getting stuck a few times in the Maetomy Wash
Seemed to be a common thing, the DR Taco pulled the DR Super Duty (crippled to 2wd just after mile 200) out of that wash. The silt was the worst. There were so many trucks stuck in the silt out by the southern end of Laguna Salada Dry Lakebed! The course had an either/or route, and most who went left ended up stuck unless 4wd or they came to the edge of the lakebed where there was a 5 foot lake edge of rock/sand!
boylem002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #17
DesertTRD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylem002
Seemed to be a common thing, the DR Taco pulled the DR Super Duty (crippled to 2wd just after mile 200) out of that wash. The silt was the worst. There were so many trucks stuck in the silt out by the southern end of Laguna Salada Dry Lakebed! The course had an either/or route, and most who went left ended up stuck unless 4wd or they came to the edge of the lakebed where there was a 5 foot lake edge of rock/sand!
yea i was out in the silt beds with my truck getting to the race truck, we didnt get stuck in the silt, we got stuck down further.. we already lost 4wd before the silt beds but then lost a air bleeder cap in the radiator around the center of the beds... so i had to go out there and help them fix it... then they were on their way again...
Old 11-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #18
Half Baked Taco
Veteran Member

Corey, was Ben Wright with you guys on Thursday night at the club? I was pretty tipsy that night and didn't notice him there even though I believe he was helping out.

BTW, weren't you guys suppose to be resting and getting your beauty sleep before the race? LOL
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #19
DesertTRD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked Taco
Corey, was Ben Wright with you guys on Thursday night at the club? I was pretty tipsy that night and didn't notice him there even though I believe he was helping out.

BTW, weren't you guys suppose to be resting and getting your beauty sleep before the race? LOL
not sure if ben was with us or not, we had tons of ppl hanging around, i dont think i saw him...

we didnt leave the line until 1pm so we really didnt care how late we stayed up....
Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 PM   #20
shroom27

yes, ben wright was with us
shroom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #21
Half Baked Taco
Veteran Member

right on, Shroom. It was almost a local boy grass roots dream team, of sorts. You had "Ivan", yourself, Corey, Wicked Creations, Wicked Creations (now GIANT) member, and all the rest of your team that helped. Some good sponsorships that I'm sure will have you contending in the points in MDR and SCORE. Good luck with the upcoming season!

BTW, what was the name of the club in Ensenada? I need the name for future campfire stories to the nephews and grandchildren (when that time eventually comes) lol
Old 11-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #22
LavosTRD
Veteran Member

im going to take a stab that it was paris
LavosTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #23
shroom27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked Taco
right on, Shroom. It was almost a local boy grass roots dream team, of sorts. You had "Ivan", yourself, Corey, Wicked Creations, Wicked Creations (now GIANT) member, and all the rest of your team that helped. Some good sponsorships that I'm sure will have you contending in the points in MDR and SCORE. Good luck with the upcoming season!

BTW, what was the name of the club in Ensenada? I need the name for future campfire stories to the nephews and grandchildren (when that time eventually comes) lol

Thanks, we hope to do good next year...it's starting to look like we will focus on SCORE so I'm not sure if we'll be able to do the full MDR season but I hope we can because racing/hangin' out with all the "local" guys/gals is a good time.

If we are in Ensenada and not out prerunning or racing you might find us at Anthony's Disco Bar or Paris.
shroom27 is offline   Reply With Quote