TTORA Forum banner

Cougar Buttes - Feb. 28, 2015

8K views 101 replies 17 participants last post by  SafetyDang 
#1 · (Edited)
TTORA SoCal
in
Cougar Buttes

Just northeast of Big Bear is Johnson Valley. Here you'll find all sorts of areas to drive your 4wd rig through. It's home to King of the Hammers. TTORA SoCal will be visiting Cougar Buttes. Composed of many trials, we'll be tackling a few!

The Difficult Run
Bullfrog will be the main attraction with bits of Cakewalk mixed in and down Box Canyon. Depending on how quick the day goes, we may visit another!

Minimum requirements: 4wd, 32" tires, a mild lift, sliders.
Recommended: a locker, aftermarket skids.

The Hard Run
Hammerdown is a short but very technical trail. Both your driving skills and your truck's capabilities will be put to the test. Body damage is a threat but can be avoided.

Minimum requirements: 4wd, 35" tires, one locker, sliders, aftermarket skids.
Recommended: locked f/r, solid front axle

*currently, we don't have a trail leader for a hard run*

Please be prepared! Here's a brief checklist of items you should bring with you anytime you take your rig offroad:

Trail Preparedness Checklist

This is BLM land so there are few regulations. Obey all signs, protect wildlife and plantlife including the federally protected desert tortoise, and always pack out what you pack in.

Possession of glass beverage containers is prohibited.

Meet Point:
N34º29'02.6"
W116º49'09.3"

Coming off the 15, exit Bear Valley and head east. Bear Valley ends at the 18. Turn right. Stay straight on the 18 as it turns into the 247(Old Woman Springs Rd.). At Camp Rock Rd., turn left. Follow the coordinates the rest of the way in. A bunch of trails weave in and out of each other but just head in the general direction and you'll get there.

Meet Time: 10am
CB: CH28

Bring lunch!

See less See more
#3 ·
Here we go! The first Official event for 2015!

I'm in! We had a fun time exploring last year. Maybe we can mix it up even more this year. Let's see what kind of trouble we can get ourselves into.

2014 had it's fair share of recovery and breakdowns but we need to step it up a notch! This year, everybody needs to find out just how far you can push your rig. Take those lines you were looking at but passed up. We all have recovery gear and we all like to help each other out. It'll make for some great stories!

#7 ·
In.

95% sure me and the girls will be camping. Anyone else down for camping let me know. I'll be getting there a little early to claim a decent camping area. By decent I mean protected from the possible winds. Bring firewood. And Beer. And Jack. And Coke.

#42 ·
In.

95% sure me and the girls will be camping. Anyone else down for camping let me know. I'll be getting there a little early to claim a decent camping area. By decent I mean protected from the possible winds. Bring firewood. And Beer. And Jack. And Coke.

I'm also 95% sure I'll be camping with my girls.
( this is me letting you know )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
You will be good. We have some excellent spoters with the group.

#36 ·
Decent skid plates as well. I think this was the run Dawson dented his stock transfer case skid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.